My New Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by In Flames, Mar 24, 2004.

1. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    Well everything came in now excluding the Rack Case that'll be here Friday anyhow. I am very happy! This rig is sick and sounds excellent. These Avatar cabs really do kick butt. I havn't really had much time to tweak and all that stuff with my Pre Amp but I was able to dial in a sound im comfortable with at the moment. Well I purchased the following

Avatar 2x10 Cab (I love the punch)
    QSC 1450 Power Amp (QSC... what more can you say?)
    BBE BMAX Pre Amp (This thing is sick)

Well, My thanks goes out to everyone at Avatar, BBE and QSC.
  2. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Nice rig. Can't say much more :)
  3. Did you get the tube or the solid state BMAX. Nice rig by the way!
  4. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
  5. rharrison

Mar 25, 2004

After having it for a few months, how do you like it? I've been thinking about dang near the same setup - I haven't settled on a power amp yet.
  6. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    Only having it a few days... I'm loving it. It sounds excellent. Very pleased at the quality with everything. I thought the 1450 model would not give me enough power that I thought I would need... but I was completely wrong. Its more than enough. The Pre Amp... Tone = Greatness. Can't go wrong with Avatar cabs too. Looks like better construction then most Ampeg and Swr stuff.

I say go for it. I doubt you'll be dissapointed. Good Luck!
  7. does teh avatar b210 have alot of low end im think of getting the 410 from them
  8. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    Its pretty good. I want to add a 410 cab to as soon as I get the money.
  9. I'm thinking of reassembling a rig quite close to yours...Here's my plan:

-BBE B-Max Solid State
    -Behringer Europower poweramp (cuz I'm cheap, what can I say?)

10. Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    I have a BBE BMax SS and I'm considering going into a new PLX or similar into a pair of Bergantino 112s.