Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassyamaha5, Jul 6, 2004.

1. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    finally completed my rig, cinsists of Saomson powertech power conditioner, BBE B-MAX pre-amp Stewart 1.6 power amp bridged mono(1600 Watts), Bergantino HT322 cab, would like to add a 15 at some point, but not really hurting for it roght now, and I'm also a little short on cash after what I've already bought(not that it wasn't worth every penny) anyhow, just wanted to brag a little

2. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    Nice rig. That BMAX is awesome. I don't think I'll ever get another preamp.

3. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    Seems like a real sweet setup bro. :bassist:

4. badsneakers

badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    mmm...sounds good. I have been thinking about a Stewart 1.6 too because I want a light weight amp with power and I'm afraid of the 1.2 shutting down on me since it doesn't have a fan. Have you played any gigs with this set-up? Any problems? I would probably also get the BBE B-MAXT pre or the Ashdown one to use with my Berg NV610.

5. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    I've had 2 gigs with this setup and two bass players have complimented my sound, as for the B-maxT, I ab'd both pre's and didn't hear much difference in the two, I think I'd rather spend the extra $200 on a solid tube driver pedal(just mho)' anyhow, I love the whole rig and probably won't buy nything else besides more cabs

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ah ha! I'm exploring this world of Pre amps now that I have a QSC amp. I'm curious...does the Bmx have any type of overdrive to it that you can dial in or footswitch to???

7. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    No. But it has a footswitchable compressor and footswitchable sonic maximizer. You could just get a DOD 250 overdrive/preamp. Thats what I'm doing. Your other choice would be a sansamp, but I've heard it has a high bass center frequency (70hz IIRC) while the BBE has a ton of low end that you can add in with the bbe process and the bass knob. That was what made my mind up.

8. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I've been to Basstasters and it seemed to me the BMax had more round fat bottom end than say Sansamp and Ampeg...I pretty sure EQ's were set flat on everything. That's what I really like about the BMax myself...I just want to get some dirt sound to and my Ibanez Phat Head just isn't doing the trick...unless I'm going about it the wrong way with it.

9. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    I'm ably to get a good grungy sound, but alot of that has to do with my pickups and the cab I'm using, but just about any sound can be reached with this setup, I just can't get over the fatness and bottom this thing has though, and I love having 1600 watts in a 30 pound rack