Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new rig!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jebthebassist, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Jebthebassist

Jebthebassist

Dec 8, 2004
    I'm am pretty much done finishing my new rig! There is a few small steps left but for the most part, im getting a good sound! I have an 8 space road ready rack, furman power conditioner, korg 1000 turner, bbe maximizer, aguilar DB 680 pre, and a peavey CS 1400 power amp all going into an Ampeg PR-410HLF cab. I need to get the digital power amp from peavey (one rack space and only 11 lbs) cause the one i have now is tooooo heavey. I'm also going to upgrade my cab to a El Whappo Jr. Which will hopefully happen soon. Anyways, as of now, it sounds killer and im looking forward to make the final strides in making it my "Ultimate" rig. I'll post pics soon :)

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Once you get the Whappo, Jr., you are going to be in love! :D I haven't tried the Peavey "digital" amps, but let me say that I have found some heavy "lead sleds" (my favorite being the Crest CA9) do a better job, IMHO, of driving bass cabs. The 680 is a beautiful sounding pre!

Tom.

3. Jebthebassist

Jebthebassist

Dec 8, 2004
    Yeah, im itching to get my hands on the Jr and in about 2 weeks ill be trading up my 32lb power amp for an 11 lb monster.