1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MY NEW RIG

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Mar 19, 2009.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah, the recession is realllll bad out there for sellers.

[​IMG]

usa svt 4 pro(warpeg's old amp)
    usa svt 410he(picked up used for $400, cab is dead mint)
    usa svt 15e(picked up used for $275, cab is also, dead mint)
    03 mia fender p
    95 mim fender p

just sold my 610hlf w/ lecover padded cover for $645, picked those cabs up for $675. if i am ever playing big club venue's again, this will be paired up with an 810e. the 15e hasn't even been broken in yet. original owner played it 2 times, never needed the extra oomph.
    410 was used as a bedroom cab. i don't even think this has 10 hours on it.

2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I wouldn't trade an SVT610-HLF for those two cabs - let alone one with a cover and some cash... Sorry, but I don't see that as a good deal - to each his own, though...

- georgestrings

3. I play this exact rig at my church and it's sweet! (right down to am MIA P) enjoy!!

4. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    as far as convenience this looks like the way to go. some nice options depending on what you need at the time.

5. In terms of pure retail value, the 410e sells for $649 on MF, and the 115e
    $499. I'd say a good deal dollar to dollar vs. $999 for a new 610hlf

6. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    the way i looked at it was like this.

i'm a sealed cab guy. the 610 sounds great, but the sealed 810 was really what i needed in my life. unfortunately i live on the second floor in my building. but i wanted a sealed ampeg cab, and since the 810 was too much to lug around(not to mention it wasn't very easy to get in and out of my car without possible damage to the leather) i knew i had two options. a pair of 410's or a 410+15 rig. i was originally going to get a pair of 410's but when i went to try out the first 410 i found, the guy had a 15 cab as well. tried both rigs out, and it turned out i liked the 410+15 better then the 2 410's.

i get the sealed 410.
    i get the ported low end with the 15.
    i get the versatility i didn't have with the 610 or 810.
    if i play a small show, i can bring the 410. if i'm going to jam out at a friends house, i can bring the 15 in one hand and an amp in the other. it just made sense.

but hey, they make tons of different cabs because not one cab in particular is going to be good for everyone.

7. holy crap, a reasonable, logical explanation. you aint from round here, are ya boy?

8. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    :smug:

so before it got too late, i hit the mono bridged button on my amp, and let the rig rip.

well, couldn't really let it rip since it was 9:30, but man, even at that low volume i was lovin in!

9. the engine

the engine Guest

Two words.... SUH WEET!!!!!

10. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Nice, and a good deal all around. I too, would rather have the sealed 410/15 combo over a 610hlf.

11. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    Ahh the old svt4 410 115 standby, very nice.

12. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i can't wait to really crank it next weekend!

13. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    i've been thinking bout getting rid of one of my GK 4x10's for a 15.. not sure yet tho.. just not sure..

14. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    it will give you some extra oomph!

anyway, i played this rig in mono bridged last night. head putts out 1200 continuos and 1600 peak. cabs can handle 1500. am i really going to screw them up?