1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My New Rig :)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rocks, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    As some of you know I picked up an early Trace Elliot AH-130sm head and a Trace Elliot 1518 cab. Today I just added an Ashdown Electric Blue 180 head and a Hartke 4.5XL cab. I plan on running both heads and cabs for gigs and I'm dying to hear them both together, When I go to the next practice I'll get a pick of the new stack and post it. The Trace rig sounds incredible on its own now adding in the Ashdown and 4x10's it should move a lot of air with great tone :)

2. tippr34

tippr34

Jul 30, 2008
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Until then, it doesn't exist.

3. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    Tell that to my wife, she sure seems to think it exists and she wants to know why the Hartke and ashdown are in the middle of the living room. So if you have some magic way of getting her to believe it doesn't exist I'd happily pay you for your service, ;)

4. Just cover her eyes and say "You can't see it, so it's not there!" HA!

lol

5sg.

5. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    Try adding effects to one cabinet while leaving the other clean. That could sound pretty cool if you got it worked out right!

6. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    All I can see with my eyes closed (since it's not real yet) is massive amounts of power, tone and creativtiy!! Nicely done! Now the wife has to understand how nice they look next to the end tables.:smug:

7. VisualShock

VisualShock

Feb 19, 2008
    North Wales
    +1

clean & dirty channels work brilliantly! the question is, which one to leave clean? :p