Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Roscoe Beck!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by liran, Oct 11, 2003.

1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hey People just got back from the store with my new Fender Roscoe Beck 5 this thing is awesome!

2. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    The sound on this baby is incredible and the B is soo tight!

3. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    The sound is soo even and equally thick and lush throughout the entire neck!

4. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    There is a such a large pallete of tones on this bass it is incredible!

5. Nice lookng bass you've got there. I like the color. I played one of those once, and it sounded great. I like how you can go from humbucker to single coil, and they both sound great.

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    James,
    congrats, I got one recently also. And in the same color too! I'm such a sucker for Candy Apple Red.

The range of tones available IS amazing - I'm generally an active bass guy, but wanted a passive bass to have that tone available if I wanted.

The RB5 is the best Fender bass I've ever played.

7. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Yeah, the RB5 is a hell of a bass! Whenever I go to the one store in Edmonton that has it, i just sit in the booth playing until I have to leave!:D Once I collect $1375 Canadian I will buy it!:bassist:

The RB5 and an Ash body/Maple neck/Sunburst Precision 4 are the only Fenders I like. They just sound so f***ing FAT!:D

8. Congrats. My RB5 has been my #1 bass for 3 years now. The love affair continues.

9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I own some fancier basses that cost two to three times as much but I play my RB5 as often as any of 'em. It's a great bass and I wish I had one in CAR! But shoreline gold is also a nice color.

10. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Congrats on your new RB5 in CAR. I love that color, but I love my shoreline gold RB5 just the same. Good luck

11. Congrats! She's a beauty!

[​IMG]

Treena

12. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    That is one fine looking insrument you have there!
    I've never been much on 5 strings but I am totally wanting one...
    Smash...I am assuming the RB4 is this bass in a four string version? Give me some info on it if you can.

Sorry...spoke too soon. I found your earlier posted thread on it.

13. ERMAL

ERMAL

Jun 20, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    James, I tried out your RoscoeB the day it came in the store - I must say (even though I don't play a fiver) it is indeed one sweeeeet bass - congrats!!

14. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    best passive 5 out there if you ask me! i'll never trade mine!!!

15. Which store? Axe? I don't remember seeing one at long and mcquaide, or mothers, or avenue.

16. Ohhh shiny ! Congradulations

17. I hate the colour on that one though! ;)

18. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Long and McQuade... I believe it's a shoreline gold RB5.

Masamax: I think that's an awesome color! Although I do want to see a CAR one in person!:D

19. Different strokes for different folks I guess! I am more interested in the JP Sig fretless L&M has... If only I didn't already have a bass that expensive I might save up.

20. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

"JP sig"?:confused:

L&M have a John Petrucci sig 7 string geetar, but I'm assuming you mean a bass...:D