My new Sadowsky 5!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bikeplate, Dec 3, 2003.

1. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Hello everyone. I've had my new Sadowsky standard 5 a week now. WOW! This is my 5th 5 from Roger and all have been great but this one really shines. The "thump" is outstanding, lows are great, and the maple board really sparkles if I need it to. The finish is out of this world. Fit and finish, forget about it!! Weighs in at 8.25lbs. My back is grateful. The quilt top is awesome. I couldn't be happier. BTW, the B string kills on this one!! No flop, strong, and articulate. Roger made me a 1/2 clear pickguard for it, too. I installed it tonight and thought I'd post some pics. I've always been a huge fan of the clear guard. Saves your finish, too.

Well, that's all for now. Keep it low and flowing!!:D

2. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
  3. Dang thats purty! I love red basses.

I know its none my business really, but how much did you pay if you dont mind could PM me if you want.

Id love to get a Sadowsky one day...and that just may be the finnish id want.
  4. great bass!
    Red beauty...
    I love it
  5. Very nice! Congrats!

6. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I like it. Sadowsky's are excellent basses. I'll have another soon.

7. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Very nice! Enjoy it!
  8. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I think i just had a GAS flare up. :D That's a great looking bass. It made me think about how nice an ultra high quality Jazz 5 would compliment the Ray5, hmmm....oh well, there's several peices of gear that i need more than another 5 string EBG. That's all and most excellent bass.
  9. Merry early xmas or channukah or whatever! :)
  10. Hah I looked at the first pic and didn't even notice the pickguard at first glance. Nice bass!
  11. I love the clear pickguard! SWEEEEEEEET bass too!

12. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Thanx boys and girls. I'm in love with it. It's my 9th one! I like it best. My black standard 5 is for sale I like it so much! Anyhow, thanx for the comments.

13. mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    Great lookin' bass! [​IMG]

Sadowsky is another one that's high on my list of basses I'd like to try but have never had the chance.
  14. Dear Rob,
    You stink. None of us upstate ridgerunners should own that many world-class instruments. It's unnatural, I tell ya!
    Seriously though, I hope she plays and sounds even better than she looks and serves you faithfully for decades.
    Da Sheriff
  15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    The clear pickguard is a great touch.

Darn, the whole thing's gorgeous. Congrats.
  16. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    ...very nice....Sadowsky has some great colors/finishes. He also makes one wonder if 35" is absolutely neccessary for a 5...he makes it work!
  17. If I remember that's your 2nd Sad for 2003.
    GASIN' year, isn't it?!
  18. Nice bass Rob! Was it sleeping when you took that picture? My instruments have their own bedroom too. :D Guess the PJ/4 is gonna get a rest for now.... Mine is due in March, Inca Silver with Morado...really looking forward to my first Sad.
    I almost went witha red quilt myself, very nice.
  19. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Looks great.
  20. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Looks like you really got yourselves funky sad...congratulations!