1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new sadowsky P/J 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pocket1, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Pocket1

Pocket1

Apr 11, 2006
    If KJung thought his new modern 5 didn't warrant a thread, this certainly doesn’t....but when prodded by 2 TB deities here it goes:

4560_full_lg.

If there is a cure for GAS, Roger Sadowsky has found it. My new natural PJ 4 is without a doubt the best bass I have ever touched-- ever. I have played my fair share!!

The sad preamp lives up to its rep, simply outstanding and perfect in everyway. The neck (maple with maple board) is so comfortable it’s silly. And with the ash body, this bass is just stupid good.

Roger and his staff were so helpful! I had fun chatting with them all. I could not have asked for better customer service.

I came in with my newly purchased sadowsky metro 4 sting J bass to A/B it with the P/J. The metro J was also amazing-- probably the best J I have ever touched (and I have owned 13 and played countless more). But the P/J is just a different animal, and it's the right one for me. I can get every tone I could ever want.

I am not one of those guys who is constantly getting new basses because I get bored. I have been on the search for the bass that lets me get "my" tone, a bass with tone that I have no problems with, ever. I could not be happier with this P/J.
    :cool:

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/4560.html

ps….the faded fiesta red (looks pink…in such an amazing way) UV Jazz in the shop now…wow. That thing is so awesome, anyone in the market for a kickin’ NYC sadowsky jazz bass, that one is crazy.

2. engedi1

engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    That's a cool bass man! I just bought a Sadowsky M5-24 fret on ebay (I should get it next week and am totally psyched) I have never played a Sadowksy PJ but I am sure it rocks! I love the PJ configuration and would love to get a 5 string PJ. Rock on man!

3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Very cool, Congrats. I got the opportunity to play Kens bass Thursday and it definitely warranted a thread! ALL NEW SADOWSKYS WARRANT THEIR OWN THREADS. So get over it, people who own lesser basses (just kidding):bassist: :D :p :D

4. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Your bass looks awesome man - i'm glad you've found the bass for you!!!:cool:

if i had the cash, i'd be at the faded fiesta red jazz in a flash - looks amazing on the net, can't imagine how good it looks in the flesh!

5. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    Merry Christmas to you! Every bassist should have a new Sadowsky in their stocking! Congrats on a beautiful bass.

6. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Hmmm... let's get another look at that...

[​IMG]

Yes... definitely GAS and thread-worthy!!!! :)

7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Too cool, Pocket. It was the first one I picked up when I was there a few days ago. Very, very cool. Looks even better in person. Congrats and enjoy

Rob

8. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Another bass that falls into the "gorgeous in its simplicity" category.

Congrats!

9. Pocket1

Pocket1

Apr 11, 2006
    thanks for the thumbs up!

I love its looks! but i would have bought it even if i thought it was ugly (ive never seen a sad i have not like aesthetically though)....it plays like butter.

10. Pocket1

Pocket1

Apr 11, 2006
    rob--

what is your experience with the PJ's?

11. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    Pocket1,

Enjoy that PJ4....you sounded great the other day at the shop. Glad you decided to pick it up, one of my favorites that I built so far.

Rob

12. Pocket1

Pocket1

Apr 11, 2006
    Hey rob--- its an incredible instrument! you can make me a bass any time!

13. I was in the shop in July and almost bought that bass... I was going back and forth between it and an UV P-Bass, which I ended up getting.

Your new bass plays, sounds, and looks beautiful - enjoy it!

14. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    So so cool. You have definately got one beautiful bass there.
    Sadowsky P/J' s are THE bass, IMH (and very biased) O. :smug:

Play well and very often!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

15. Pocket1

Pocket1

Apr 11, 2006
    Thanks Doc....I totally agree!:bassist:

16. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    Nice bass: I'm gassing for a PJ for a while...

Of topic: what is the string spacing and neck width at nut of Sadowsky (4 and 5 strings)?

17. 20mm on the 4 and 19 mm on the 5! and it feels great!!

Peace,

T

18. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................

Nut Width on a:

-4 string Jazz is 1.5"
    -4 string P is 1.75"

-on a 5 string either 1 7/8" or 1 3/4"

Rob

19. Thanks Rob!! I don't know how I missed the width part...I don't think I even read the whole thing before I posted...

Keep up the good work! I may send you guys my NYC UV for some work when you come back after the first!

Peace,

T

20. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    T,

No Problem...Yeah, we re-open Jan 2nd. What where you thinking of getting done?

Pocket, Sorry man...not looking to derail your thread.

Rob