My New Sadowsky UV70!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i got it wednesday. ive already gigged with it twice and really like it. thanx to evan at for the chrome pickup cover and mike lull for the vtc install. this is my first sadowsky and i really like the small things about it. i love the tuners and bridge. the neck is perfect. i played an outside gig last night in the hot and humid cincy air and the neck felt smooth all three sets. i even love the case. i am having a little trouble dialing in the sound but i kind of put strap locks on it and played a gig. i havent had much time to mess with it. i think part of my problem is the stainless strings that came on it. ive only used nickle strings for the last 10 years + and they seem to have an undertone or something on the a and e string. also when i got it the e string seemes a little louder that the other strings. i tilted the pups a little to the treble side and it sounds much better. i do a review for it after a couple weeks. here are the pics......
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's one great bass man. Those UV70 Sadowskys are the bass looking basses they make.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats and welcome to the Sadowsky Club! :bassist:
  4. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA

I wish I had it. :( Why does it have 4 knobs?
  5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Volume, blend, vintage tone, bass/trebla boost only stacked.
  6. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Awesome! :bassist:

The best colour/fretboard combination!
  7. What's wrong beef, didn't you like the Daphne Blue one at Midwest? ;)
  8. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Congrats! I am looking to get a MS5 soon in the same color combo to match my JO
  9. Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    ive been playing it through my rig allnight and think i figured out how to set it. after i adjusted the pup height it definitly fixxed the e string problem i was having. i love the eq. like most basses ive owned except for spector, alot of the eq isnt useable. i can get lots of different useable tones with the eq. i love cranking the high a little more than the bass. very sweet. i do think im going to put some nickle strings on it tonight for my gig tomarrow. does anyone have a kind of string that goes good with the sadowsky?
  10. I ONLY use Sadowsky nickels or Sadowsky Flats on ALL my basses now....Try a set of Sadowsky Nickels and you won't use anything else on that bass, I bet ya!! I got a 5 pack box of nickels a few weeks ago and just got another set of flats (for my Vintage NYC) in the mail today.....Thanks Kevin!! I have tried a bunch of different strings and the Sad nickels won hands down for my UV70.....Good luck in the chase.....

11. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Man i wish it was more economical to get sadowsky strings in aus.

i'm gassing bad now. My uv70 is about a month away now, i've just been emailing kevin and i've decided to have them put single coils in and i'm getting the hum cancelling pickups loose in the case if i wanna try them... should be interesting...
  12. alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA

I put a set of the Sadowsky nickels on my Metro and really like the tone more so than the stainless steel. The guys at Bass NW are really great to work with. You have a very nice bass on your hands.

13. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Sure is pretty! Is that a Swamp Ash body?
  14. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Corrected...and I agree.
  15. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
  16. 33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
  17. +397463278543278563128756123789

sadowsky couldn't make a bass to save thier lives! :bag:

JK! :D
  18. congratulations, that is a beauty!!!