My New Sadowsky !!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacove, May 13, 2004.

1. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Hi fellas,

I'm back in the Sadowsky club. After I got my beloved Ultra-Vintage Sadowsky stolen six months ago life hasn't been the same, I received my new one a couple of days ago, and MAN THIS BASS BLOWS ME AWAY!. It is without doubt the best bass iv'e ever heard, Roger and his guys have really done a fantastic job. It's got an olympic white undersized chambered alder body and Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard w. matching headstock. The acoustic tone is simply outstanding and when plugged in it makes my great MM Sterling sound like a banjo. Took it with me to rehearsel and everybody was just in shock when they heard it blossom through the PA system. What can I say it's just PERFECT. Can't wait to gig with it this weekend. Also, Roger made it ready for me a month earlier because of my special situation, guess he once again proves his great care and service. I'll post some pics soon...

Jacob :)
  2. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    I hate it when ppl have their gear stolen from them... just the other day my friend had is vintage LP stolen right under his nose at church when they were out taking a break from rehearsals. Apparently someone just strolled in a picked it up and walked out without anyone noticing... it just leaves such a bad taste in your mouth. I'd buy another just so that I'd be able to catch the fella in red-handed. God help him when I do.

I'm jealous :spit: Hah!! I've always wanted a V5 or an UV5!! Good on you dude :D That's called "care for customers" at it's best :)
  3. :cool: Good to see you're happy again and thumbs up for Roger and his team for their quick and nice work.
    "Un mal pour un bien" as we say in french.
  4. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Tillykke... Very cool basses... :bassist:
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats on the new bass. It played like a dream & looked like a million bucks.

Hopefully, you'll find the bass that was stolen.
  6. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx

Whats sad about that is that people are stealing at Church

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome back to the fold :hyper: , my deepest sympothys are with you at the loss of your Sadowsky bass. In the Words of President Bush "Will bring em to Justice". My complements to Roger and his team for making another Talk Basser a happy camper again. :bassist:
  8. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Glad u like it. Bet it's a looker too!!!!!!!!

9. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Yes I know... but I don't think it was done by a member of the church. Just some well informed people.

An update to the story is that the instrument actually showed up at a sleazy used intrument dealer's... but there's no way to prove past ownership... so that really sucks big time.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread - CONGRATS ON THE SAD UV5 AGAIN!! A Sadowsky is definitely on the books in the next 10 years or so :D Actually, I think a Valenti would be just as sweet, and that could happen in the next 5 :D
  10. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Haven't you got the original warranty card with the serial # which could prove ownership?
  11. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    That's the sad thing. It was a vintage that wasn't exactly what you'd consider mint with warranty card and all. It was bought second hand without any receipts or warranty card from the previous owner. And even if we could get the previous owner to vouch for the sale, it'd be really hard to legally prove that the guitar was stolen from my friend.
    In the end, the legal costs would probably outweigh the cost of the guitar as well... It really sucks, but there's really nothing we can do about it 'cept steal it back - which isn't very biblical itself.
    Guess we'll just have to be more careful.

Thanks for asking anyways :D

BTW Ari - hope you don't mind me asking, what do you do that you can afford all those beautiful basses resting on those gorgeous leather couches/chairs?? :D
  12. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    It's so sad to hear about stolen gear. It can be crushing. I'm so sorry.

Roger never ceases to impress me. He and the boys are one class act. I'm glad to hear, but not surprised at all, that the new bass is nothing short of magnificent. And yes, we demand photos. :) when you get a chance to put your new love down.

+ 1 :bassist:
  14. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

Congrats on the new bass! Glad to see that Roger's taking care of you.

Sorry to hear that your earlier one got stolen. I live in fear that one dayy I'll come home to an empty music room.

One thing I do to protect my basses is I inscribe infromation on the inside of my backplates. Then I photograph the inscriptions. If I ever see a bass of mine in a music store I would go get the police and challenge the store to confirm what's written inside.

15. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Actually I can't afford them any more - that's why I am selling 4 of them :D
  16. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Here are some pics, Enjoy!
  17. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    That's a beauty. I have a '00 sherwood green vintage 4 and it's great. Sometimes I long for the full-size body though and have been curious about the Ultra Vintage series.

Looks like Roger has changed the bridge again. Mine has a solid surface around where you thread the strings into the bridge.

18. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    No, Roger has not change the bridge, I had the old Gotoh bridge installed, because it has a more narrow string spacing which I prefer....

Thats a really nice bass, your one lucky bassist. :bassist: