My new Sadowsky.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by daveo119, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Hey all,

For my 18th birthday earlier this month I was extremely lucky to receive an awe inspiring Sadowsky metro p/j.

I'm sure you all know the specs, but mine is trans white. A really nice creamy, buttery trans white (even though the pics may not show it).

She plays like a dream, easily the best bass ive played. Sounds huge although quite bright and zingy but without being harsh. I'm not sure how to describe it haha. Just massive. Yeah, that works.

Enough chit chat, down to some pics. They were taken at the shop so they're the best I have.

[​IMG]

2. Very nice.

I just (last month) got a fender P with the same color scheme, but solid white.

Love the combo.

That looks like a fantastic bass!

Grats!

3. Thanks mate!

Yeah I was looking at a fender P also, but then this popped up. Was orininally after olympic white, but this came up and i couldnt resist.

4. LUCKY!!!

The only thing I can possibly see wrong with it is that it's missing a string.:bag:

However, being that it's trans white (I've grown quite fond of trans white in the past year) I still want it.

5. When I turned 18 I think I got a watch :/

Congrats on the bass. Its beautiful. I love trans white. :)

6. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    hilarious! i did too!

7. hehe I did chip in a significant amount, but still a rediculously generous gift under any circumstances :D.

Missing a stiring?!....blasphemy.

8. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

Jun 26, 2008
    Australia
    Did that come from Bass Center by any chance?

Nice bass!

9. Indeed it did :). And thanks.

10. t0t0m

t0t0m

Dec 8, 2008
    you lucky!!!

Congrats on your new bass, definetely she's very pretty, love that trans white and maple combo.

11. sandmann

sandmann

Dec 27, 2005
    congratulation, thats my favourite colour.

a sadowsky for the 18th birthday ... man, what to come next???

12. I was having a look at sadowsky prices on the basscentre website myself. What did it set you back may I ask?

13. Congrats mate - beautiful bass and the colour - WOW! one of my favourite.

Not long to go before I get my one which is on order from Bass Gear Direct. A Modern 5 in Trans White, Maple fingerboard. Counting down the day.

14. StefTD

StefTD

Oct 18, 2009
    Nice one!

When I got 18 I got nothing from my parents and had to work 10 hours that day (and I went to school at that time).
    I hope you appreciate that bass enough ;)

15. wurstburst

wurstburst

Nov 18, 2007
    Beautiful. Love the almost bleached look of the neck.

Congrats - you are one lucky 18 y.o.

16. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    very nice! Sadowsky PJs rock!

congratulations and enjoy it.

If you find the tone a little bit too bright you should try the Sadowsky Blue Label nickels or if you are even more for the old school tone, try the Sadowsky flats.

17. Flatty Banks

Flatty Banks

Oct 26, 2008
    California
    Luckiest 18 year old ever. You're truly blessed, dude.

18. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    :eek: Beautiful! I love that maple board with the transparent white...

19. funkybass4ever

funkybass4ever

Dec 12, 2007
    +1

20. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Nah, I know a 17 year old who takes the cake. :D

Beautiful bass man, Im jealous! The 'rents said Il probably be getting a "professional" bass when I graduate, but Ill probably chip in.

I think my Fenders are professional, but Im not gonna pass up a Clement, Sadowsky, Valenti, etc. ;)