1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new Schroeder 1210...blown speaker???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zildjian106, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007
    I purchased a 1210R blemished item from MF. Today I just got my MarkBass Little Mark II. When I put up the gain to half and the master to a little more than a quarter I heard a papery sort of sound from the 10 inch angled driver. Does this mean my 10" is blown? :mad:

Thanks in advance. :crying:

-Robert

2. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Not necessarily. I just received an Avatar B210 Neo that was acting in a similar fashion. It turns out the foam surround ring part that is part of the Eminence driver was applied incorrectly. Part of it was hanging over the moving surrounds. When I got the speaker moving with my E string, the surround would come in contact with the foam ring, causing a "fluffy" sound. I pulled that part of the ring off and glued it down out of the way. Sounds great now.

3. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007
    Hmmm. I did not mention that this is not the case with my higher strings only my D string. (I play in drop D)

Thanks.

4. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007
    :meh:

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

5. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I would send it back for a refund or replacement. If the retailer won't take care of you, just email Jorg and he will.

6. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    And mine was only doing it with my E string. Did you look at the foam ring around the outside of the speaker? Can you isolate the distortion to a particular area of the speaker? If so, does pushing on the foam ring change or eliminate the distortion?

7. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007
    There is no foam ring that I can see. I know that the Avatars have a foam ring...but it seems like my cab does not.

Thanks Kevin.

8. cadduc

cadduc

Mar 4, 2006
    talk to mf

talk to jorg

happened to me with a 1212L

the replacement cab came with apologies for my problem and so far no problems with the replacement