Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new set-up...!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Well, it's been a long journey, and I've done alot of looking, listening, researching, saving, buying, returning, selling, and the like, but I finally got what I had set out to get...I have kind of been piecing this together over the months, and have gotten a few great delas, and spent some cold hard cash in other places, but it sounds magnificent...whadaya think?

Here are 2 pictures so I can share my joy...
    The picture shows:
    Fender Deluxe Active Jazz
    Carvin R-1000
    Mesa/Boogie Diesel 4x10
    Mesa/Boogie Road Ready 1x15

2. and the second picture for good measure...

3. I think you should take that 410 cabinet down from off top of that 15 before it falls.

Why did you choose a Carvin head? Was it the power?

4. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    or at least flip the 15 on its side so the 4x10 doesn't fall off:eek:

5. There's nothing wrong about putting the 15 on top of the 4x10!

6. I chose the carvin head due to price, tonal variety, the graphic EQ, and the power.

And, I htought it looked unsafe too, but the rubber feet on the 4x10 are farther in on the bootom o fthe cab, so they are actually gripping the cabinet real well...i don't think its a problem.

But out of curiosity, if a cab like that (which has a horizontal vent port on the bottom/front) is meant to be upright like I have it now, will it hurt anythign if I flip it on it's side or will it change the sound, output or do anythign different/wrong??

Thanks

7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    No, it won't change anything, it'll just look better.

8. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    my old band had a pair of ported p.a. speakers and we just tipped them on their sides and used them as moniters. they sounded fine, plus with that much money its better safe than sorry. and i think it will look better too,i want to see pics after you put the 15 on its side. peace;)

9. let's see what others have to say about this as well...

10. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Cool. Nice rig, buddy. I hope you have many years of blowing others ear drums and getting groupies with that rig! :D

11. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Looks like a fine rig to me. May your wall-rattling days be many and joyous!