My new singlecut basses!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, May 27, 2002.

1. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I just got back from seeing my 2 (!) new singlecut basses being built by Nordstrand Guitars....YIKES!! My fretless has a box-elder burl top, alder body, 3 piece quartersawn maple neck, pink ivory lined fingerboard, Bartolini 9W4Js, Suhr 3 band 18 volt preamp with passive tone control....sweet! My singlecut fretted has a spalted horse chestnut top, alder body, same electronics, and a 24 fret ebony board with banjo (DINKY!!) frets! Both have glued in set-necks! There's pics of some of the stuff being built at He leveled the frets on my R Bass while I was there. He has an incredible neck jig that gets the board DEAD flat!! My action's at 3/64s with NO BUZZ!!!
    I don't have a camera, but he does! See if you can scope out the newest photos on his site...they should be up by now. Eye candy!!
  2. WOW! Sounds like you are going to have two fantastic basses! I like his building philosophy and pursuit of perfection.

I need to see pics!!

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder

Those sound like two amazing basses. I like the suhr preamps!!! They sound great, alittle more aggressive the the sadowsky's!