Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new SM-900!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by liran, Nov 16, 2002.

1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Omg can you say jaw dropping deals from mars!?!?! I just got a SWR SM-900 for $860 brand new. They were also selling a megoliath and a henry the 8x8 for 750 bucks but I didn't have enough dough to buy em. But omg this thing sounds awesome!! Any owners with some comments please give me your opinions on it.

2. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Now the only problem is I don't have a cabinet to play it through. I was thinking of a Goliath 3, if you could give me opinions of cabinets to go with the SM-900 it would be much appreciated thank you.

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The Goliath Sr. is a very good cab and a particularly good match with the 900. Nothing wrong with the III with that amp, either. Nice price, dude.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Unbelievable price!!!:eek: :cool:

I would recommend either a Goliath III or a Senior. Or, better yet, two Goliath III's, if you wanna stick with SWR.

5. I use a Goliath III and a SOB love um. Best of both, punch and thump, and easier on the back.

6. I'd say get a Goliath III or two,

but that's only because i'm selling mine :)

Seriously though, that's what I always used (SM 900 + Goliath III x2)... and it's heaven.

John

7. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Too late guys, I went back to mars and decided to get the megoliath they had there for $750 BRAND NEW COULDNT PASS IT UP!

I think I pretty much have the ultimate rig now and I'm set for life:D

8. Yes

You are...

Helluva deal

John

9. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ya omg, this thing sounds incredible with my 75 mia jazz Reissue. I mean get total Jaco tone, awesome rock tone a'la P-nut from 311, has victor wooten slap tone, harmonics as clear and loud as they come, I can't even begin to describe all of the tonal possibilities!

10. BottomLine

BottomLine

Nov 17, 2002
    Rochester MI
    Fantastic deal!

I just rehearsed with my new SWR 750x and Goliath SR monday night.......what a difference over my old Eden rig!!!.....(although I paid a lot more than you did :oops:(

SWR is solid

......life is short........PLAY HARD!

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    750 and Sr. One of my fave rigs. Hard to beat for clean punch and clarity. Nice 'n loud, too.