1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new speaker cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by edwinhurwitz, Mar 4, 2008.

1. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS
    Here's a shot of a cabinet that one of my students made for me. The construction is excellent and loaded with a McCauley driver, the sound is huge. It's based on the classic EV TL606. Mine is the one on the bottom.

Edwin

Attached Files:

2. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I have two cabs loaded with McCauley drivers..they are amazing speakers..they should produce a line of cabs for bass players..

is yours a 12 or 15?

3. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS
    It's a 15. I use it with a very similar Joe's Speaker and Salami 12 loaded with a JBL K120. Great old school sound. Powered with an iAmp 800, it rattles everything.

Edwin

4. Looks GREAT!!! I STILL use my EV TL115 Dunno which TL cab it is really- got it off a mate-CHEAP!!!! After it was used at a hire Co. it had NO spkr in it- so I bought a Mesa/EV Black Shadow 400w-same as in their Deisel cabs AFAIK. Still sounds GREAT 13 yrs on!

5. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Interesting. What are the dimensions of the cab? Have you ever heard an old Ampeg B-15 double baffle cabinet? If you have, how does the sound compare? Looks about the same size as the B-15, has sizable porting, might not be too far off.

6. When I get MY 'profile' on my works PC going again- cuppla days I hope- I'll post a pdf file of heaps of EV speakers. Has dimensions, plans-everything!! well.....
    IMO- the EV TL cab I got-w/ the EV/Mesa Black Shadow spkr in it, sounds good! Punchy, has quite a full freq range-or seems to-I know nuthink- when it comes to REAL specs! Sorry! Plenty deep. Has the option of closing the ports-on either side of the centre bottom. I've done this-AGES ago(must do it again & post results) & I thought it wasn't as loud, so I opened it up again! Ahh the '80's!