My New Spector Euro 4 - a lucky buy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markfsanderson, Oct 22, 2004.

1. I picked up my new Euro Spector :hyper: - not exactly a beginners bass, but the deal I got on it was just too good to pass up! Here's my TalkBass intro, describing my 'adventures in bass guitars' at Guitar Center. Attached are some photos (taken in my office - they don't do it justice). It should be a keeper!
    Mark F. Sanderson :bassist:
    Hickory Bass Player
  2. I got the same deal on the same bass at my local GC. Just a tad over six bills, right? Great deal!
  3. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Holy crap that is an amazing deal! I don't think it is possible for you get a better bass for that price, especially new. I have been playin spectors for a couple years, and currently own an emerald Czech 5 and LOVE it. Welcome to the family!!!

Oh- try DR's on it (loriders or hibeams)- DR really brings out the Spector's awesome tone very well, and the strings last forver.
  4. funkycarnivore - yup . . 639.99 . . . absolutely amazing. I don't really need anything like this for a beginner . . . but w/180.00 seperating the two - no contest!

5stringDNA - I'll try the DR's thanks!
  5. Here's mine. I guess they're discontinuing this finish? Their loss.
  6. Personally I think that the blue/purple/black color is absolutely stunning . . . . but I like 'weird' music as well . . . what I can say?! According to the GC salesman from whom I bought it from, GC is discontinuing the entire model. It appears that GC isn't doing particularly well with higher-end basses, and will probably focus on $$ < 600.00 bass guitars. Fine with me!

Oh - yours is a beauty as well funkycarnivore!

Mark F. Sanderson
    Hickory Bass Player
  7. Yeah, I dig the finish too. When I first saw it on the floor, I thought it was just black. But then I picked it up and noticed that it was blue. Some people here know about this--I have a real "thing" for blue basses.

Anyway, congrats. As I'm sure you know, this is an excellent bass to start out with, and it will definitely serve you well throughout your bass playing journey (as long as the GAS doesn't get to you first!).
  8. slicecom

Oct 19, 2004
    That is one beautiful bass!
  9. I guess I'm just at a loss as to why my bass lasted 2+ weeks (according to the salesman) in the front of the store at 639.99. :confused: Absolutely amazing!

10. Seems to prove their point that the higher-end stuff isn't moving. The GC in Pasadena has been around for a couple of years now and their bass inventory doesn't seem to have changed much since then.
  11. I just got back from a GC in the next city over from me. They had one of those too. I thought about grabbing it but I chose a brand new Stingray for $800 instead. Congratulations on your new bass. I'm gonna get back to mine now.
  12. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses &amp; Cort Basses
    Congratulations! That's a fine bass! :) :bassist:
  13. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    That's a ridiculously great price! I have a Euro 4 and can't imagine finding a better bass for that kind of money.

Great price for a great bass. Enjoy it.

14. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Sweet deal, Congrats!

I love the Euro-Series basses. I played my Czech-Spector at a gig last night, man it's comfortable to play-and it sounds great.

My local GC seems to be going the same route also. They're putting a big emphasis on the mid-priced basses; The most expensive basses they stock are the Warwicks, MIA Fenders and MusicMan basses.
    I haven't seen the Euro Spector's on sale, I don't think they have any in stock. I can't believe GC is letting them go for that cheap.
    You definitely found a great deal.

15. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    that's a fantastic deal. i might have to take a trip up to st. louis to see what the GC's up there are blowing out
  16. Thanks guys! I talked a little more to salesman, and his theory is that the music story regulars get a bit 'jaded', in that they know exactly where everything is at and go right to it - not really paying attention to what's in front of them! No which music store I go into, I guess I'll just keep my eyes open! Don't think I'll find a Mesa Boogie amp for 300.00, but what the heck!

17. I love my Spector Euro, but do they have good resale? Just a question thats been bugging me for a while....
  18. The last time that I checked EBay for completed sales indicated that most were selling for between 650-800 . . . .

19. Simball

Mar 26, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Yeah, the local GC here had the same deal on 2 euro 4's and I almost bought one - just short on cash at the time. I'd feel a lot better paying $600 than $1399 for one. I noticed each one had cosmetic imperfections and one even appeared to have neck issues.
  20. i got the same exact bass, for a little more