Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassman_Spike, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Hello

I got a new bass. This is my first "real" bass i guess. It was time for me to move on from my learning bass (which was good for learning) so i went for a road trip to melbourne and visited some music shops.

In the end it came down to the Yamaha B604 and Spector Performance 4. I choose the spector. I was thinking to get an active bass but the spector offered lots of different sounds and was passive plus i can always add a preamp latter if i decide to do studio work.

I got it in Amber and it looks brilliant. The neck is thicker than my first bass but not really thick like the yamaha was. The bass is really easy to play compared to my old one especially with slapping which i find i dont need to put as much effort or power into it.

I got a gig bag with it, and it is no ordinary gig bag..it looks like a space ship..it has the same ammount of padding as a case and lots of other storage room and the reason i choose it over the case was becuase it is easier to carry round, epecialy at school

Here is the link to my website with a few photos on it...the page will take awhile to load..
    My Spector

So that is my story...if anyone is interested in getting one of those spectors i say do it...you wont regret it and if you have any questions you can ask me.

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    congrats!

those are really good sounding basses.

play the hell out of it!!

;)

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Welcome to the Spector brotherhood!!! Play on!

4. brake

brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Welcome to the club.

5. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Congratulations, spectors are great. I got mine this past summer, and i love it.

6. thewalrus81

thewalrus81 Guest

Sep 19, 2003
    Dallas TX
    im lookin for a new bass and ive been considering spectors

yall seem to think pretty highly of them so my questions kinda redundant but are they really good basses?

7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    They are the best...arguably...I played several other brands available to me, including Warwick, Ibanez, Fender...only the Spector compared.

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Welcome to the Cult! :D You made a good decision. Just wait until you work your way up to one of these beauties. I love my Spector!
    [​IMG]

9. Post a sound clip. I'm GASing for these :)

10. yea. soundclips man..........not enough people on TB do soundclips...and it sucks!

11. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Wallington, NJ
    I just picked up one this past weekend....the black stained one. My main axe is a MM Stingray. I was in my local guitar center, just fiddling around with various basses, and I decided to give this one a whirl. I was impressed. For a $350 bass it sounded damn good and had a great feel. So, I decided, what the hell, I'll buy it. I have a bad case of GAS!!! And with the recent guitar center promo...no interest on credit card purchases for a year...how can you go wrong. It's going to make a nice practice and backup bass for me. I'm happy with it.

12. Welcome to the Spector Gang!

13. seracis

seracis

Sep 25, 2003
    Tulsa, OK
    I'm new here, but I figure my first post might as well be on this thread.

Spike, that bass is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! For the last week, I've done nothing but read about bass and look at different ones. I just started the bass last Saturday, and I had a blast. Of course, I had to be showed what notes to play. It didn't take long to get the hang of it. I'm borrowing an old MusicMaster from a friend. It's a turd, but it's just for a while until I decide on which bass to buy. I'm leaning towards a Squire starter pack for now. Anyways, great board, and great members. I hope to learn much from everyone here. Thanks in advance for the help (I'm sure I'll need it)!