My new Spector!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Diomedes, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Diomedes

Sep 3, 2005
    So anyway, as a belated birthday present, my parents finally got me a Spector ReBopDLX 4-string that I happen to think is isane. This is partly a show off my new bass/question about ampage thread. A little earlier in my bass career, I got a GK Backline 115 Combo which sounds great, but if I'm gigging, I wanna know what I should upgrade to. I believe I can buy a cabinet of some sort and plug it into the head cabinet since it has another jack for one, and so I was wondering if my next upgrade down the road is cabinet or is it better to wait, save, and get some crazy, huge amp later on? The head cabinet says 175 watts at full I believe, so I'm just wondering about that.

Also, since I know threads don't deliver without pics, here you go... Sorry about teh size =P

2. Rat

Mar 15, 2005
    Boston Sewers
    Save yer $$ and buy yer self a Amp with minimum of 300 watts.

nice Bass
  3. Howdy

Great looking bass, like the black hardware, my Euro 4 has the gold which is gorgeous but that black bridge looks so elegant!!

Anyways amp wise, look into Ashdown some of the MAG stuff is brilliantly priced for what you get. Then theres the ABM if ya feeling lush!! Great tone with the Spector, my favourite combination of amp/bass!!

4. Nice bass - bit of a Spector fan myself having had 7 (only got 2 at the moment though!)

As for amps, I would recommend saving your money and getting an amp in the 300-400+ watts output and appropriate cabs. Your backline combo will do for now, but gigging mgith mean you'd need more!

I'd also recommend Ashdown -but am not sure how helpful this is as not sure where you're located! :)
  5. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Nice bass!!

Welcome to the club! :bassist:
  6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    neat n64 controller.
  7. DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    welcome to the club.....................
    my favorite combo(bass and amp) is Spector and SWR.
    save your money and try as many amps as possible ,of course with your bass.
  8. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Thats a really nice bass bro!! It may just be my eyes or the angle of the pics but it looks like a pretty damn wide fretboard! Is it?