Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new squier jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by christobass 416, Nov 3, 2005.

1. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Decent starter guitar. I didnt have a great experience with my Squier-P, however..

2. deluxeg

deluxeg

May 5, 2001
    Nice bass man.

3. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    'my new squier jazz bass'

Thats a pbass special i beleive as I have one I got it in Shorline Gold. It was cool but it didnt sit right in my band, and this was about 3-4 years ago. But hope you have fun with it, it looks cool

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Those are great to start with. If you start moving up, and it plays well enough like my Squier did, Upgrade the hardware and electronics. It can make is a great bass.

5. I used a Sherwood Green one as my back up and occasional stage bass for a while and I thought it was just fine. Enjoy it!

6. Plowboy22

Plowboy22 Guest

Sep 27, 2004
    Sarasota, Florida
    my first bass was 90' Squire jazz bass and I wish I had never sold it. It was actually a GREAT bass! Good luck and have fun!

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Nice bass, but it looks like a precision bass not a jazz bass in the link. Either way it's a nice player.

8. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I did that, I'm 42 and been playing over 20 years, I walked into a music store and played a few Squiers and this one just spoke to me, for 169.99 how could I go wrong. Threw in some MIA pups a Allparts gold kit and bam I have a nice classy backup to my MIA 75 RI.
    [​IMG]