Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new SR Liquid 5 in progress

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Here's a new one I'm working on. Padouk top, walnut core with maple accent. The body has a bit more carving on it than my previous. It looks much better to me. This is the first in series of basses I'm building. This style what I call my Liquid shape. I'm going to build a fretless Liquid 5 next strung E-C. Here's the pics, it's going to be a fretted 5 string bolt-on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I really like the middle laminate.

Sometimes its the smallest details that really make a bass stand out.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I love padauk. It's probably my favorite top wood. When it gets oxygenated and it's been in the sun, and it darkens to that blood/rust color... mmm...

4. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    What is this so called "SR"??

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'ma guess since he referrs to the bass as a Liquid, the SR would probably Peter's real life initials.

6. Hey Spidey
    Can you post pics of the other bass you built that everyone loved?!? I never got to see the pics and I really want to! That one is looking nice!
    Thanks
    Troy

7. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    So his real life name is Sound Gear?? hehe sorry about that:D

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I love that body construction. I agree with nick! That middle maple stripe is perfect! I cannot wait to see what that thing looks like after it's done@

9. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Yes my real life initials are SR. Unfortunately I've thought about the Sound Gear similarity but also my last name is Reed and there's already a Read basses. Maybe I'll call it KSR instead as the S is actually my middle name.
    Boofis, to which bass are you referring?

Thanks for the comments. This bass looks real nice in person. The top carve doesn't show very well in the pics.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    SR actually makes me think of Sting Ray basses more athn soundgear but in any case Its not a dificult distinction to make.