Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New SR5 from Ebay (pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Boondog Reisbol, Mar 22, 2004.

1. After much debate over purchasing a 5-stringer, I could not pass up on an ebay item. It's a burnt apple SR5 w/rosewood. It arrived in case/excellent condition & it only cost me a tad over $800. Sounds great w/new Elixir Nanowebs.

Excuse the bad pic quality & the cheesy web site:

http://ducatimonster.homestead.com/bass.html

The SR5 joins my SR4 & Sterling.

2. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    Great looking bass man! Great price as well! Can i get youre opinion on if you like the older musicmans or the newer ones? Ohh and dont worry i was around in the 80s too! :meh:

3. I have played good & not so good on both sides (old & new). I might go with the older MM's tho. The ones I've played were heavier but the controls felt more robust & I preferred the look of the larger bridges and birds eye maple necks. The sound are comparable IMO (I prefer the fit & feel of my Sterling best). Hey, 80's rule! I can still belt out Robert Smith ;)

4. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    Well the reason i asked is because i used a old one in the studio for a couple tunes and loved it! I played it for about 2 weeks solid to get it down! But i recently went into a store locally and there was a new model there and it just felt like it was missing somthing! It might have just been the crappy music store set up! LOL Dont get me wrong it was a hell of a bass still!

I cant find a band that would let me belt out the good old 80s! :bawl: