My New SR5 from Ebay (pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Boondog Reisbol, Mar 22, 2004.

1. After much debate over purchasing a 5-stringer, I could not pass up on an ebay item. It's a burnt apple SR5 w/rosewood. It arrived in case/excellent condition & it only cost me a tad over $800. Sounds great w/new Elixir Nanowebs.

Excuse the bad pic quality & the cheesy web site:

http://ducatimonster.homestead.com/bass.html

The SR5 joins my SR4 & Sterling.

2. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    Great looking bass man! Great price as well! Can i get youre opinion on if you like the older musicmans or the newer ones? Ohh and dont worry i was around in the 80s too! :meh:

3. I have played good & not so good on both sides (old & new). I might go with the older MM's tho. The ones I've played were heavier but the controls felt more robust & I preferred the look of the larger bridges and birds eye maple necks. The sound are comparable IMO (I prefer the fit & feel of my Sterling best). Hey, 80's rule! I can still belt out Robert Smith ;)

4. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    Well the reason i asked is because i used a old one in the studio for a couple tunes and loved it! I played it for about 2 weeks solid to get it down! But i recently went into a store locally and there was a new model there and it just felt like it was missing somthing! It might have just been the crappy music store set up! LOL Dont get me wrong it was a hell of a bass still!

I cant find a band that would let me belt out the good old 80s! :bawl: