Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Sterling

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Jun 21, 2002.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Got a Stingray 4 and 5 now have the little fella that just rocks.rocks
    [​IMG]

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Personal toy, or did you get that for military purposes? Seriously, like army band or something...

Either way, sweet bass! I like th black on sunburst a lot! :D

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    nice bass! it looks great. If the Army is starting to pay for basses, then sign me up! hehehe

4. Sweet looking Sterling Army. I've got GAS for a Stingray or Sterling. Very nice basses!

5. The classic Leo-isms like the elephant-ear tuners; the timeless body shape; the fast neck; the P-like thunder: the J(aco)esque burp; it's all inside...but this ain't JC Penny! Nice axe. The piezo bridge option is nice on this axe too. I like my single pickup a bit more towards the neck though. My Warwick sports the Basslines 3-band MM system, including a pull-slap-contour volume pot. :cool:
    Congrats. You have my envy.

6. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks guys....that is my personal axe and I do use it and my other MM's for the Army Gig....but the Army has provided me with quite a few NICE Basses that I get to use as well. I have had them purchase a Modulus Q5, Q6, Yamaha TRB6P, Afew Fender Jazzes, and a Very, Very NICE Azola Acoustic Baby Bass!

I make sure that your tax dollars are well spent in the bass department. Hoping to replace a very old Tobias with an SR5 next fall.

7. Hi armybass.

The 5 is the green one with black pickguard?
    If so good choice.
    Enjoy them!

8. Octane

Octane

Apr 27, 2002
    I guess we can see Johnalex in the army some time soon....

Nice bass
    I played a fretless Sterling the other day and I loved it.

9. Octane

Octane

Apr 27, 2002
    If you're not paying for it, go for all you can
    Fodera, Wal, Sadowsky, Carl Thompson!

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I'm going to join the army just so i can play those basses :)...

Nice bass too. i dig my ray 5 :)

11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Always glad to see another has "seen the light"!

12. drop and give me 16 bars of rush, maggot!

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I dont feel safe anymore....

I mean common if you cant get the Sterling with the Piezo, how can I expect you to defend our country!?!?!?

J/K

I know we're in good hands, but I still wouldve gotten the Sterling with Piezo's, actually add fretless to the list of features.

I wish I could join the armed forces, but as a Diabetic, I have heard they will not take me. Do you know if thats true?

I still have a year left of high school, so I still have time to think of other options.

I really admire that youve dedicated yourself to serving our country.

Peace
    Nick

14. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    ...I'm certain Scott can shed some personal insight into this.......if he doesn't respond here....PM him.

PJR