Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Stingray 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rodan, Jul 1, 2002.

1. I got my new Stingray 5, courtesy of Gard and the fine people at Bass Central. Gard is the man - a great person to do business with. It arrived by UPS this afternoon - this has been a great day.

The Ray is my first 5-string, and I couldn't be happier. It's black with a matching headstock, rosewood board and tortoiseshell pickguard. It looks amazing, and sounds even better!

I know I'll probably be gassing for some stuff in the near future, but for the moment, I am extremely satisfied with my purchase.

I currently do not own a digital camera, but here is a picture from the Ernie Ball site which should give you an idea of what it looks like. That being said, this picture doesn't even come close to doing the bass justice - it looks great.

2. Good for you!

Nothing like a new bass to brighten your day!

Congrats!
    Jeff

3. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Congrats man...enjoy it!:)

Alex

4. This must be one really inspiring bass! Looks soo good. Congratulations!

Pedro

5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    SO you just go around buying them when u have an off day? :D j/k

Congrats man, its the same color and pick-guard as my p-bass copy. hope she sounds as good as she looks ;) have fun!

6. Congrats! Stingray 5's are bitchen!

7. Harpo

Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    Nice you can't go wrong with a Stingray5

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yes. a good choice you made. I really dig the SR 5s :D especially mine :)

Hope yours brings you as much joy as mine brings me