Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Stingray !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gman, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got my new Ray Thursday, but just got my camera back today.

I'm having a hard time getting pics posted to the boards because of size, but I've tried a link to Photpoint. Try THIS.

I hope it works. Let me know what you think of my new Baby, but be nice, I love her. :D

Don't try to view at full size, unless you have a cable modem. I do, and sometimes I don't realize how big these files are.

Dave

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Very nice Dave. I can see why your like you feel your a new dad. If your SR-5 is like mine and i'm sure that it is, you have every reason to feel as proud as you apparently do.
    Good luck and enjoy!
    Cheers

3. That, and I am sure that is cost atleast as much as a newborn :)

Congrats! I'd love to own one too, but alas, I am a poor teenager :( So I will settle with my MIA Jazz that I may as well stole off of ebay for the price :) Come to think of it.. I should save my $$ instead of buying every new bass I can afford as soon as I can afford it.. :) *drool* Nice color too :)

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Congrats, Gman, that's a beauty. Play it for a couple weeks and give us a report.
    Doc

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice, Gman. Nice flame to the maple board and headstock, too.:)

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    very nice, i'll give ya $50.37 for it. :p:D:p

7. JPAmorim

JPAmorim

Jul 17, 2001
    Rio de Janeiro
    Cool!! 5 string with matching headstock. Fine choice (expensive too!!! :)

Is it good for slaping?? Does the E string gets in the way???

Mine is a 4 string with traditional headstock (sunburst body)

Good luck!!!

Peace,

JP

8. JPAmorim

JPAmorim

Jul 17, 2001
    Rio de Janeiro
    Do you already have another???

9. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    When I try to slap, ALL the strings are in the way. :oops:

And no, it wasn't cheap, but I wanted to treat myself to something nice. I deserve it, no matter WHAT my wife says.

Thanks for all the compliments. It really is a piece of work. I love it. Can't stop looking at it.

Dave

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Lovely bass man. I know how you feel about your new baby. I got my SR5 3 weeks ago and I am in love. I also got matching headstock. I think the matching headstock adds so much to the look of the bass. I got the perloid pickguard also. Black perloid that is.. The bass itself is pearl blue. Congrats... Maybe I should post some pics of my new baby up here.. but I don't have a camera at the moment..

Peace

11. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

it's the fretted brother of mine:

12. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Nice Rays...

bassheavy, I love the figuring of yours.

Does anyone know where I could find a used Stingray 5 for about $700 (not $800) ?

Thanks !

David

13. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Is there anyone that doesn't love Musicmans?

14. Very nice! After Summer is over I plan to get the used 20th Anniversary 'Ray at BassNW (thanks for the heads up, Angus!).

15. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Nice Ray5. A friend of mine has a Ray4 he's selling & I'm thinking of buying it off of him. I actually sold it to him about 5 years ago so I'll be getting it back, if I deceide to buy it. :)

16. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Sweet. Uh oh, it's one of those damned 5 strings! :)

17. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I hate when these double neck, 12 string on each neck, bassists bash us for only playing 5 strings!!!! :D:p

18. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Oh contrare, I am just a humble 4 stringer. There's just too much going on for a dummy like me on a 5. It's like returning to your home town after a short vacation only to find that all the street names have been changed and all the houses have been moved around.

Then again, Nino, I probably could get used to your Sadowsky with little trouble. :)

19. Thats a good looking bass.

What is it that makes MM basses so expensive? I've picked some up at the stores before and they seem nice but they don't seem to be any higher quality than a MIA Fender. Am I wrong? Is it their sound?

Just curious.

Have fun with your new bass!

20. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    They certainly do seem pricey when new, I was wondering if anyone else thought so too.