1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My New Subie!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jazzin', Aug 22, 2007.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

SO I just got it today. My first time driving a manual car (although I took two manual lessons to get ready). It's a great ride. I have yet to toss all my gear into the back, so I don't even know how much I can fit. I hope it can hold my Amp and upright bass at the same time.

DSC00498.
    DSC00496.
    DSC00497A.

It's the new (2008) Subaru Impreza 5-door with the sport package in manual transmission.

2. noice

3. They seem to have borrowed a lot of the styling from the Mazda3 for the new Impreza. ;) I liked the old style better. Still, a great car. They're really fun to drive and uber-reliable.

4. i want that car.

5. My sis in law in NY is a Subie fanatic. She's owned just about everyone they made from the very early ones to a BRAT, one of those wedge shaped ones with the digital dash and now an Imprezza like yours. They really have come a long way. I wish they would make a heavier duty, FLAT 8 cylinder truck to compete with Toyota and the Americans!!

6. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    All the reviews I read said it was a better car. I want to see a WRX SI

My Outback XT turbo
    nose.

7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
  8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I love subies. And yeah the new impreza looks a lot like the mazda 3 liftback version, which happens to be one of my favorite cars at the moment.

9. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    Hahahaha.

Subaru backwards is U R A Bus.

10. Jazzin'

It's giggyness will be tested this Friday evening. I will have to haul around an upright bass, 2x10 cab, amp head, myself, probably another person, probably a 2x12 combo guitar amp and some misc stuff...

11. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Dude... I saw Subie, and instantly thought of a local strip club I've attended a few times.

Just a few.

Is that wrong?

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I sort of like the STI myself. I love the WRC though so, that should be no surprise.

On a related note, damn you speed channel.

13. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Love Subarus.

M

14. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    nice ride.

15. irjason

irjason In Memoriam

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Looks really nice. Congratulations! They seem like good cars. I've got an 03 WRX that has been trouble free so far, and the AWD is awesome in the snow.
    You made the smart move getting the wagon. I've wished a ton of times that I would have.

16. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Nice ride Jazzin. I'm glad you like it. Subaru is my favorite Import car company.

The WRX Impreza makes me drool.

17. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Sweet ride! We have a 2003 Forester. Tonnes of fun to drive in the snow and on winding roads.

18. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    HAWT! Can't wait to see a production version of the new STI.

19. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    The new '08 Impreza / WRX really does it for me. I know I'm in the minority but I love how it looks.

I only have two problems with it:

1) The gas mileage isn't that great
    2) If you want heated seats / wipers (which I've really grown accustomed to in my 2000 Outback Limited) you either have to get the Impreza Outback (and I'll be damned if I get another Outback - screw you tall suspension :spit: ) or a WRX with the Premium package ($2100?!.) It's not even an option on the normal Impreza.
    3) No sunroof!!! :(

I don't know if those three things are enough to make me discount it, though. I'm definitely going to give both the Impreza and WRX 5 door a test drive back to back with the 07 WRX Limited wagon, Mazda3 and Mazdaspeed 3, and VW Rabbit and GTI.

I almost think the GTI is my front runner, though. DSG would be *awesome.*

20. Jazzin'

In Canada, the heated seats and wipers are standard with the sport package on the regular Impreza which is what I have. The no sunroof thing is annoying, but its possible that the 2009 model will have a sunroof as an option.