Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new super jazz bass is here !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by leroy hogg, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Please click on link to view the album (quite a few pictures). A year of waiting for this custom built Ryder bass guitar has been totally worth it!!!

For those of you who don't know, I originally made a review of my old 5 string Ryder bass guitar (found in the Review Section), but this is the latest one, received December 2001.

http://www.photocountry.com/viewalbum.asp?UserId=7215&AlbumId=10459&PageNum=1

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    wow

3. next view

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    OH MY GOD!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

That is in my top 10 of most beautiful instruments I've EVER seen!!!!! WOW! Congratulations, that is AMAZING! Sound as good as it looks, I hope? That thing is amazing! :D

No new basses no new basses no new basses...:(

5. Wow, that is a fine looking bass!:D Is that a J-Retro? What kind of pickups? Spectacular! Oh, and how much did you pay for it?;)

6. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    :eek: quilted fingerboard! :eek:

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No wonder quilted maple is so expensive. Ryder used almost all of the world's supply in that bass! Congratulations, man! That is one beautiful bass - looks good enough to eat.

8. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    That's a beautiful bass.
    I think the quilted neck/fingerboard looks REALLY good.

I've never heard of Ryder before, but that looks incredible.

I bet it's really articulate.

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Tres chic. Congrats.

One question, though: don't you think it's a shame to have a quilted maple back when it's not going to be seen anyway? Surely there are no sonic advantages...

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Humina humina! That is one FINE looking bass. Damn....now I want one of those!

11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    To clarify: It's a flamed board, not quilted. Quilted isn't suitable for fretboard or neck use. It's just a wider flame.

12. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Flamed or quilted I don't think it matters. That is an awesome bass. I like how the body has the ebony lines that seperate the wood. And the neck:eek: ,beautiful! How much agian?

13. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Neat. What's that bridge?

14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wow. That is one sweet looking bass. Congrats.

15. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    My Gawd. that bass is extremely beautiful... Surely one of the prettier basses I've seen to date :).. I bet it sounds smooth too.. congrats :).. you lucky S.O.B;)

16. Truly Spectacular!

I've been thinking of a Franken-Warmoth very similar.

Imagine it fretless with a lefty headstock and a MM pickup in the bridge position and a P-bass pickup in the neck position. Which is not to say yours isn't already perfect for you.

Congrats.

17. am i the only one here that DOESNT like it?

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes.

19. Hey, I think you and I should set up an appointment for me to hump that beast...;) , but seriously, congrats...

20. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Is your club ready?
    I've got mine out! (which secretly is my dano)

...like a pack of wolves... likes a pack of wolves... like a pack of wolves...