1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new Super Rig: TC Classic 450/Bergantino AE112 into Acoustic Imagage with two 10's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jibreel, May 2, 2010.

1. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    After living in the Acoustic Image world only for years, I bought a TC Classic 450 head and a Bergantino AE 112. Amazing !!!

So I am now using that as my main rig [ I play in small venues ].

I have an Acoustic Image Focus 2R Series lll and two 10 inch AI cabinets.

So when needed, I can come out of the back of the 450 and plug into the return jack on the AI using only the power of the AI for the two 10" speakers.

One preamp
    Two power amps
    One 12" speaker
    Two 10" speakers
    1250 watts
    :D:D

2. CONGRATULATIONS, that must be a sweet little rig! Both the amp and the cab have certainly gotten a lot of love, and that combo must be great! It's just such a shame that no pics = no rig :D

3. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    DSC00545.

:D :D

4. OK I'm convinced - and jealous ;) The TC/Berg must be killer with the Turners I see you have. I've spent some EQ-time (thanks Kjung!) getting my EPI UL502/Schro 2X12 make my Rob Allen "sing" the way it should (and can), but I'm guessing your rg has the warm low mids for that kind of basses. Cool!

5. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Yeah, it is really great to have great gear. I do feel fortunate.

Often when I walk into my living room, I just smile big..............

6. I know exactly what you mean. My only problem is to convince my sweet "co-sponsor" of the causal association "the more and better gear, the bigger the smile" :D

7. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Jibreel, how do you like the TC compared to the Focus w/ the Berg?

8. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    THAT.... is a very good question.

The Focus is just SO clean. And the EQ is mild. So it really just amplifies what your bass sounds like.

It IS really great for the Turner with the acousticore strings. But I think it lacks for most other bass guitars. I think most bass guitars need some " coloring ".

The TC has this wonderfull fatness/girth/warmth/full mids with tons of power and strong EQ'ing. Really great. Of course, it does have its own sound which you cannot really dial out. I wish I could combine the qualities of the TC and the AI in one preamp.

But overall, it is where I will stay.

The Berg is just in your face clean and powerfull. I was having a little trouble at first because you hear everything with piezo only basses and I had to adjust a little. But it kills.

The AI into the Berg is also really good. But the same tonal descriptions apply. The different speakers still do not change the sound of the AI much.

9. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Thanks. I really like my Focus but I have been on the lookout for something that is similar (fast, punchy, somewhat dark) but a little brighter in the high end and a little fuller in the lows without EQ. I would like to check the TC out.

10. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    Very cool. BTW I bought my very own TC based on your posts. it arrives this weekend.

Cant wait to plug in the RA's and the rest of the piezo posse.

Are you running the AI 10's "sideways"? aren't they supposed to fire down?

11. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Yeah, I face them foward. Totally different sound, much more direct and punchy. Sometimes I will have one facing down farther back in the room and the other facing forward. I may build a rack to hold them both facing foward just to stablize them.

12. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    new rig is up an running.

The TC sounds great with the bergantino. The 2x10 cabinet offers a very different but also delicious tone. Cant wait to gig 'em and mix and match at volume.

R0010752.

13. NICE! Both of those rigs (and I'm sure the combinations also) sound great with the Rob Allen's IMO and IME.