1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My New T40

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dmilt23451, Sep 15, 2008.

1. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    Just got her tonight and I love it...although heavy the tone more than makes up for it.

(Sorry about the cell phone pictures)

IMG_0295.

IMG_0296.

IMG_0297.
    :bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. from where was this obtained?

Looks beautiful

3. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    Found it on cl...it is an 82, the guy even delivered it from 40 mins away

4. Tyrannius

Tyrannius

Jun 14, 2008
    Wow, dmilt, that Peavey looks amazing. Truly a beautiful bass, with the exception of the weight, I've heard nothing but compliments for this bass.

5. Nice find! Love the looks of it and I'm sure it absolutely kills with that rig.

6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Sweet! I got one off of C.L. several months ago as well. Mine's sunburst/rosewood. Looks great and fun to play; but I don't think I'd want to play more than one set per night on it due to the weight... :(

7. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    On a comfortable 3" leather strap I really don't mind the weight that much...it hangs and balances very well

8. Nice! Love the black/maple T-40.

9. blueskid

blueskid

Sep 11, 2006
    washington, dc
    i'm in love

10. Congrats! I have a T-40, with the natural finish, that I got maybe 25 years ago. That sucker definitely weighs a ton! I haven't really played it at all since I got my Tobias 5-string fretless several years ago, but I always thought it was a pretty decent bass (considering it's not exactly a high-priced instrument).

11. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    As I was setting up this beast today I realized that one of the height adjust screws in the bridge is completley stripped out...does anyone know a good source to get a new one?