Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Tattoo and thanks again surgeon.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Ahhh... it's still scabby but I wanted to post it already. Got it friday night after it's been sitting in my wallet for for a few months.

[​IMG]

2. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I like it. Looks like a painful place to get one though...

3. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Awesome, that's one way to solve the age old: which angle will it look right from? question.

Now everyone will know you're a bassist, and you aren't likely to forget either.

4. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    cool ink. I take it your workplace hasa pretty liberal policy? or do you play for a living?

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool ink Joe.

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Half my income comes from music, half comes from teaching in a H.S. This is part of my commitment to my entire income coming from music.

7. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada

Thats pretty cool. If I ever played for a living or had some kinda of job that'd allow it I'd get some sleeves.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm thinking about getting something in a similar location. Probably a cross on the inside of my left wrist (easily covered by a watch) and a bass clef on the inside of my right wrist, if I ever have a job that doesn't have a strict policy on body art.

Nice ink man!

9. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I have wanted to get one just like that ever since I saw Mike Herrera's(bassist for MxPx). Then I tried to think of other cross designs I could do and I thought about having a heart filled in black, and the only part not filled in would be in the shape of a cross, kind of a having a void only God can fill type thing. Anyway to get on topic, awesome tattoo Joe. God Bless! -Brad

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's pretty nice, Joe. I've seen several very cool bass clef tats on members from this site, and I'm normally not a tattoo fan.

I imagine if I were to ever get a bass clef tattoo, the next day I'd lose all my fingers in the garbage disposal or something and never be able to play bass again.

11. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Not a huge tat fan, but that is pretty cool. You can pull it off. I'm such a skinny guy that I don't think I have enough surface area on my arms to get a tat worth having.

Ya got good taste :D

12. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I also got a tatoo based on surgeon avatar last year. I'll try to take a pic today and post.

Nice tatoo Joe

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Pretty Cool Joe, enjoy. :) :bassist:

14. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Nice! :) Thumbs up for that!

I cant help but cringe when I think of having a tat there - ouch!

15. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    No doubt. I bet that stings.

16. nice one, ive thought about getting a bass clef tattoo, but maybe in a bit, away to get work started on a sleeve on my leg :)

17. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    True dat.

18. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Lies. That's not a real tatoo. He just smeared cat poo on his wrist.

19. Maybe....when I got my bass cleff done they guy asked me what it was. I told him. He said I play bass too. :eyebrow:

I don't think I have posted pics of my tattoos yet. I got three more then I am all done. :D Anyone with any knows that is a lie.
    One is something I will be getting done with two other people, maybe a third, from kung fu. A brotherhood kind of thing. My back piece I have to talk to my artist about that. The third shall be revealed only when it is done :eek: But first I need to make sure I got money (going through the insurancial aftermath of a car "accident"). :meh:

Oh yeah, and I like the tattoo.

20. Edit that thought to "If I ever can see my entire employed future at places that don't have strict policies on body art."