Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PinkFloydDan, Aug 5, 2005.

1. I got my Thunderfunk today. I have to question why more bass players do not have this amp. Holy f-ing Cow!!! This is the best sounding amp I have ever heard.

I am coupling it with a Raezer's Edge Bass-12 400 and (soon to be a Bass 10 too) and the tone out of this marriage is pure sex. I AM SO DAMN HAPPY that I haven't stopped playing until now--that's nearly 4 hours straight.

I need to return. WOW

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    congrats, I've had mine nearly nine months now and I'm still as impressed with it today as I was the first day I bought it. Given the amount of gear I've been through in search of my sound, that's quite something!
  3. +1 It's just a fantastic piece of gear. It reminds me a little bit of my old Lakland 55-94.... when you are sitting in a store or practice space just listening to it solo, it's nice but doesn't totally blow you away. However... get it on a gig in a busy mix and it just sounds great.... same thing with the TF... if you sit in a controlled listening situation and A/B it with other amps... it sounds good but not 'the best thing ever', etc. But on a gig.... whew... really nice. The voicing of that preamp is just perfect for projecting a nice tight punchy bottom and a treble response that is aggressive but not shrill. Very, very nice amp :bassist:
  4. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I'll say it again. Not many who try Dave's amps don't like them. Congratulations, you guys! I predict that you'll be lovin' those 'Funks for years. Isn't it nice not having amp GAS?
  5. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Best amp I've ever played through in 35+ years. It might not be for some, but my quest has ended with the TF!

Dave is THE man.
  6. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Ordered my TF today. Can't wait.

7. My favorite amp of all time!! Dave Funk is my hero!!!

8. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    hey, shhh!...oh well, so much for a secret weapon...:ninja:

Seriously tho, congrats! Great choice.
  9. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I'd like show off my new t-funk rig just cause it's only appropriate on this thread :)

10. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    with all this talk about the TF and relatively "uncolored" cabs like Accugroove and the Raezor's Edge, anyone try a TF w/ an Acme cab?

care to share?
  11. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Umm guys, hate to be the bearer of bad news.. Joker and the threadstarter talked of it though, so I take it you don't know.

I got this from Dave Burgess (greensqaure music, and aussie distro of TF, Alembic, Acme etc) on the 24th of July.

We were shocked and saddened to learn recently of Rich Raezer’s untimely death.

Raezer’s Edge is closed until further notice. Green Square Music will continue to provide after sales service for speakers that we have sold. We also have a very limited supply of new speakers.'

RIP Rich, pretty sad news :( I hope the company goes on though, although i'm not sure how it is/was all run..
  12. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I played with the Funk 420 into a 4 ohm B-2 for a while. Kickin' little combo!
  13. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    BTW - I'm still liking the idea of a TF as a more 'portable' option to the V8.. VERY nice rig tennis :)
  14. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    I heard from someone close to the family that production will resume in 4 to 6 weeks. It will be taken over by his son(not the one that stabbed Rich) who I understand had already taken over actual production well before his death. I also have a lead on dealer that still has a couple of his bass cabs in stock.
  15. Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Congrats on the TFunk - I've had mine a month or two now and love it.

16. Do you find you get enough head room with the 550 going into the NV425? I was considering getting a TF550 to go into a NV215, but the lack of wattage in the 550 scares me away everytime.
  17. Fretless5verfan.........It drives my El Whappo with no problem at all....can't imagine it would not drive most anything sufficiently to a pretty loud level!! Give it a shot.......

18. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004

Probably the most conservative 500 SS watts I've heard.
  19. Damn... i wish you hadn't told me that. I was all settled on what i was gonna buy for my rig now i have to consider the T'Funk again :(
  20. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I still haven't played any current amp I'd rather own.