1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My New (To Me) TBC...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Essthreetee, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    I just received (well Wednesday) my TBC AP500M. This is the 5 string Single Humbucker version. It is very nice. The neck is a nice width, and VERY thin (front to back). The weight is fairly light (although a tad heavier than my Ibanez). The balance is great.

I got it and took it to band practice same night (along with my SR505). The rest of the band was impressed with the looks and blown away by the sound. One of the guitar players that is VERY picky about his sound (and the sound of all of us) was extremely impressed. Even more so when I told him that I wasn't using the EQ pedal and that everything was set flat (amp and guitar).

All in all, I think I may have a new #1.

So I know the rules, no pics = no bass....so here...
    TBCMBody.

TBCMBodyShot.

TBCMNeckShot.

TBCMHeadstock.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Great bass and nice pics.

3. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    Thanks Cheese. Did you ever get the bass you were working on? (I forget which one it was, but I remember you selling some stuff and asking about it)

4. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Congrats! Glad youre diggin' the TBC... I love mine too,

TBC3.

5. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA

Nice family you have there.

I had a Jazz just like yours, but I preferred wider necks. But the neck on the 5 is GREAT. I think given the choice I may have preferred a MM or a MJ over my M...but the way it worked out...I am VERY HAPPY.

6. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    Sweet looking. It sounds like you like the way it plays, too. Any noise or shielding problems?

7. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    It had some noise...I was sheilded with paint, but I just recently shielded it with copper tape. While doins so, I discovered that the volume pot was bad. I just dropped it off at my local luthiers to change....I have done it before, but there were many wires, a capacitor, etc...that I did not want to mess up. I am looking forward to getting it back on Friday.

8. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    Got it back and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!! The tone pot was broken on the inside, and apparently not making full contact...sucking out the tone, somehow.....but not now.

Added a thumbrest (custom made) from the pickup to the bridge....and SWEEEEET!!!!

9. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    Just got back from trading this in on a new BTB1305. Nice.