1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My "new" toy! ( pics with the whole familly )

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JazzMarius, Apr 20, 2009.

1. so, after gas-ing for a 5 string bass i finallly have one.i mean, i had a Kohler B5 NT ( spanish copy brand ) in natural finish but it had like 16,5 mm string spacing and for my huge hands that was a PITA. so i trade it ( perfect trade for me :D ) for this one

it is a Tobaco Sunburst Squier Precision Special 5 string bass. 2 jazz bass pickups, precision body, 19 mm string spacing, 2" wide nut, a joy what can i say. so i thought about moding it hard.

first i shielded everything with copper foil ( man, i had an ungly cut just on my right index tip; so hard to play now...:bawl: ) and got some fender vintage jazz harness. that stuff is top quality. then i put some SADOWSKY Hum Canceling pickups ( boy, now that is "bad" ) .

now, i am waiting for 4+1 Hipshot HB7 tuners and a set of Fodera Diamond Series SS.

this bass is a joy to play! after a couple of hours of playing i felt weird when i got back to my Bongo ! ( different string spacing, thin neck ).it has some neck dive, but not to much.

i'll post some pics when i'll have the tuners and the strings instaled.oh, and some knobs ( it is knobless now ).

this bass is top quality!! is the best thing for the price i saw! ( around 200 $ for me in this trade.... )

so if u have any questions untill then hit me.

2. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    Yeah, I have a question. Where are the pics ?

Thread does not deliver, yet. Stop making excuses ;)

3. PICS PICS PICS!!!!

Bylly Ray go get the forks!!! =D

4. all right! i am doing some setup as i write and will take some pics after.

5. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    I'm a big fan of Kohler. They made the faucets in both my kitchen and my bathroom.
    :bag:

6. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    My Kohler kitchen faucet has a great metal tone......

Cuz it is metal :D :scowl:

7. u guys are funny :p. yeah, searching about kohler i saw kitchens and bathrooms , lol.

well, as i write, i am editing and uploading the pics !!!! stay tuned!

8. so, here u have some pics!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

up next: some familly pics!

9. here goes my lil familly ! :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

enjoy !:bassist:

10. rapturebass

rapturebass

Dec 6, 2008
    Connecticut
    Nice! I'm not a big Fender guy but ive always loved those Ps with the J pickups.

11. IbanezATK

IbanezATK

Feb 24, 2009
    Monroe, LA, USA
    That is a beautiful Squire! Hot rodded a bit though :hyper:

I had a crafted in Japan Squire Stratocaster that was absolutely AMAZING... I was stupid enough to let the Squire logo get to me and I sold it. I wish I still had that guitar. The CIJ Squires were better than the MIA Fenders during that era!

12. Bassmastertim

Bassmastertim

Mar 15, 2009
    Whats the build quality like on those? I've tried some squier 5 string's in the store and didn't like them. They were Affinity series MII.

13. Nice bass, but I really like the Peavey.

14. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Probably can't get much more bang for the buck than a Squier with Sadowsky pickups. Killer.

The Peavey is beautiful, and that Bongo is umm... a great example of a bongo :)

Nice collection!

15. Yeah,i know what u mean. I was like that untill i saw here some hotroded squiers and read about what quality they have and i said,"what do i have to loose?"
    I don't think that way anymore!i don't care to much for the logo now,the quality is what counts!

16. This one is MII too, but i am impressed about the built quality. Not even a SINGLE imperfection! Smooth finish, perfect painting!
    I even consider buying a Squier P!
    It's definatly the best bass i ever played, for this price!
    Maybe because it wasn't such a mass produced bass it has more quality than the Afinity series ( now, i see those even in a bakery :p ).

I love it!
    Oh, and the neck is very well crafted! That is the thing i love most about this bass!

17. With God's help, it will be gone by the end of the week.

18. Thanks!
    Glad u guys like my little familly.

19. just got 4 of the tuners! installed them and to get soon the lefty one too. instaled the strings also and it playes and sounds better every day !!!

20. how o you like those PU's?