Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Senor SQUID, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    ROSCOE LG 3005 W/ DEMETER PREAMP. This is my first Roscoe. The preamp itself has been known to work best in Roscoe basses This should give Roscoe fans a nice alternative to the Bartolini and Aguilar preamps. Overall, this bass sound and plays amazing with a great tone for slap as well as fingerstyle. Just ask GARD he said it is the best plaing and sounding ROSCOE that he has ever heard.
  2. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Congrats! Great looking bass! :hyper:
    I don't see a mini-toggle switch. Do you have the mid switch incorporated into the push/pull pot? I could never locate a 100K push/pull pot.
  3. BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Congrats! That's a unique looking Roscoe you have there...a little different than the normal figured tops. Looks very nice! Roscoe's are great basses.
  4. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder

Hey....very nice bass to add to the collection.
    How's it sound/play?

Did you ever get the Lakland from Zat?

5. WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Nice wood on that body!
  6. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Swamp Ash body & Demeter Preamp
  7. stubbs

Jun 30, 2004
    Very nice! Congrats man
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I like it, Joey. Very nice!:cool:
  9. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I LOVE THIS BASS!! And my MTD of course!
  10. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    But... you are selling it?
  11. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Did Keith install the Demeter with a push/pull pot or just without the Mid switching function? If it's without the Mid switch control, how much are you able to vary the Mid freq's on your bass? The Roscoe SKB-3006 I just purchased has a Demeter (installed by Keith) and it uses the DPDT mini-sw to change the Mid center freq. I'm asking these questions because I'm selling a stock Demeter pre to a friend to replace the Bart system in his Roscoe.
  12. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    SWEET!!! Love those Demeter pre's!!!
  13. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Simple swamp ash lookin' sweet. Congrats! Looking forward to a Roscoe experience one day myself. From the descriptions, the tone is right up my alley. Do these balance well in a sitting position? Ken
  14. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    I've currently have a SKB-3005 and 3006 and have no neck tilt problems at all. I've also owned 2 LG-3005's and they balance very well also.