Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MY NEW TOY!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Senor SQUID, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I should be receiving this bad boy within the next week!

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'm getting a new bass soon, too. Congrats. It's a good feeling. Interesting top as well. I really want a Roscoe with a redwood top.

3. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Redwood top would look killer bro!! Thanks, this bass has the sweet Demeter preamp. I am so psyched I can't wait!

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have heard wonderful stuff about Demeter, though I have never tried any. I would love to, but I live in a hole in the middle of the midwest. No cultural centers around here

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Congrats man. I know that you've had your eye on that one for a while now. You're gonna love the Demeter preamp. I just got a Roscoe with the Bart 3 band and now I'm gonna have to get another with the Demeter. It never ends really. You can't go wrong with a Roscoe! Enjoy!

6. WOW...that burl top is very cool...very interesting...

but I'd like to see the neck...it looks like you have some really interesting stuff going on with the fretboard...can we have a peek? Please? :hyper:

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

8. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I haven't played a Roscoe with the Demeter yet, but I owned a Benavente with a Demeter pre, and let's just say it was terrible. It was too transparent and hardly offered any boost to the low end, while at the same time, offerring way to much boost to the highs! That one Demeter experience has scarred me for life now, so I can't see how I'd be able to recommend that preamp for even a low-end heavy bass like a Roscoe.

9. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Very nice Joey! Roscoes are the only basses I see with Buckeye Burl that actually has burl in it. Hell, if I would have known that you were looking, you could have had mine, except mine doesn't have the Demeter pre. It's going to make room for a MTD 535 I'm going to have built. Have fun with the new toy - Again

10. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Sweet bass by the way...I like to look of that Buckeye top!

11. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    OOooooooooooooooooo: burl and barts. Nice one!

12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Trust me, the Demeter in a Roscoe is fantastic. The one that was in your bass was a Benevente spec'd pre and was different from the usual Demeter.

13. Holy cow that's lovely!!

Every so often someone will post an instrument that deserves a compliment. That is one of them.

Patience my son.

14. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just had a practice with my newest Roscoe. This Roscoe has the 3 band Bartolini in it. That preamp is the biggest piece of useless sh*** I've ever played. I couldn't get any dynamics out of it what so ever. Now I've got a 5 day tour coming up this week and I've gotta go out with this thing. I'm so mad right now. I'm gonna have to bypass the damn preamp and go passive so I don't throw the bass accross the room. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :mad: :scowl:

15. Hurry up, grab yourself a Sadowsky Pre/DI and put your bass into bypass. Keep the Sadowsky Pre near and dear to you and you will never get into another situation like this again.

16. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That's one thing that I wish the Roscoe's had in general is a preamp bypass. It doesn't. Man, I could't sleep last night I was so mad. Yeah, I'm gonna have to find something before I leave. I won't find a Sadowsky around here but maybe an Aguilar. Wish I could get a Pensa preamp.

Anyway, point is I wish I had the Demeter in my bass!

17. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Burl, Barts and Demeter - even sweeter! :smug:

18. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Great looking bass Joey! Glad to see you finally secured it! The Roscoe Demeter pre really sounds good! I still prefer the Bart 3-band but I would love to have another Roscoe fretted with the Demeter.

Gene,
    I think you'd like the Demeter tuned for the Roscoe much better than the stock Demeter in the Roscoe (although it's mid boost is still less than I would desire). IMO the Bart is still the best sounding pre in the Roscoe.

19. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    :meh: I wish I had two more hands so I could give that four thumbs down.

20. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    I have an idea, how about giving this thread back to Joey instead of turning it into a turd fest.