1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new toy!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mikeyd74, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    A few days ago my wife and I were sitting in the living room and she was going through the mail and saw an ad for a clearance sale at GC. She actually asked me if I wanted to go and look at the basses. So after I picked my jaw up off the floor we headed out to the store. We walked around and I was prety surprised at some of the prices on the gear. I picked up a few different basses before I tried out the Ibanez ATK and I was blown away. She was also interested in finding a bass for herself and was looking at the Squier Jazz basses. We ended up walking out of the store with two basses and a small practice amp for her. We got all of that for a little over $600. She's been practicing everyday and actually played all the way through her first song already, she learned a Blink 182 song.
    My wife rules!
    She's planning on joining talkbass soon so you all better be nice to her lol.
    Anyway, here's a pic of my new bass for your viewing pleasure.
    P1010578.jpg

2. bass_fish

bass_fish

Oct 26, 2006
    the Netherlands
    wanna trade? you can have my girlfriend :p I'll have the wife ;)

3. rickr

rickr Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
    Congrats on the new bass and the awesome wife!

4. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    Thanks guys!
    ....and sorry, I have to say no to the trade. I just got this one trained and broken in:D

5. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    Wow, I'm not an Ibanez fan, but I dig that one. Good score.:hyper:

6. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    I just tried it out at practice tonight...........WOW!

7. thats awesome. i dunno that i'd want a girlfriend/wife that plays though, too much competition :D

still sounds like you had a good day out. nice bass (and i dont really like the ATKs, but i like that all black thing)

8. wow! that really looks good!

9. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    My buddy said, "If Darth Vader played bass he would play that one."

10. Mo' Bass 00

Mo' Bass 00

Aug 15, 2006
    Wow...nice Ibby, what model is that I don't recall seeing that one before!:eek:

11. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    LOL now I can't wait for her to sign up and see this quote! Everybody put this in your signature so she is sure to see it! ;):bag:

12. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    From what I understand it's a limited edition ATK made for Guitar Center exclusively. When I got it home I found all kinds of electrical problems and had to fix them myself. I got this bass really cheap as part of their clearance sale, I wonder if Guitar Center bought all of these at a low price because there were issues with them. It doesn't matter though, I got the bass working right and it's an amazing bass. This is definitely going to be my main bass now.

By the way, my wife just signed up here and she already saw the comment I made about her. I'm sure you all will be hearing from here sometime soon lol.

13. jamied80

jamied80

Jan 4, 2008
    Wheeling, IL
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello! This is Mikeyd74's wife and he thought I should join in since I'm trying to learn bass now. Don't think I'll become a bass goddess or anything, but who knows? LOL. See ya around.:bassist:

14. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Lucky you!

15. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Ha-Ha, she tricked you!

16. rockr4Christ

rockr4Christ

Oct 30, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Jamied80:welcome to talkbass and...
    Thanks guys!
    ....and sorry, I have to say no to the trade. I just got this one trained and broken in

17. Khatur

Khatur

Jan 4, 2008
    you failed.
    Now if you had gotten her to learn guitar or buy a drum set
    then youd just need a kid and after about 13-14 years youd be set with a family band :bassist:

nice bass tho :hyper:

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021