MY NEW TOY!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedGrange, Dec 26, 2000.

1. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
  2. cool man, enjoy it when it comes :)
  3. Cool, I just ordered one in black with a maple neck! Only $754 delivered with case! Let me know when you get yours.
  4. Dude, That's a real cool three tone burst!

5. Dude!!!

My daughter,Hannah,and I were looking at that very bass not to long ago online....awesome!!Never played a 5 string before but a beauty like that could sway me! hehe Let me know how she plays!
  6. Hey all, I just checked with BassNW and the L-2500 in sunburst and maple neck was only $100 more so I went for that one! $799 plus shipping for an L-2500 in burst finish with a case. Tell everyone you know looking for a killer high-end 5 at half retail!
  7. I hope you enjoy your new toy. I've always wanted a G&L and maybe just maybe one day I'll get one.
  8. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    It is a killer deal, I think it said mine retailed for 1,770.... 799 was damn good... and they have a ton left!
  9. Does someone of you know these BassNW's N.O.S. G&L come from?
  10. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    WHAT? Could you rephase the question, I do not understand what you mean by that? What is N.O.S.?
  11. N.O.S. means: new old stock.
    The BassNW's G&L serial numbers seem starting from 1981 to mid 90s.
  12. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I'd run down there today and buy one......but my wife would probably kill me. Enjoy it! It looks great!
  13. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    I talked with the owner of the shop, and he said he was friends with the foreman of the factory, or something to that nature. So he gets a lot of them, and very atypical ones at times.
  14. I just posted the same question to the shop owner.
    Very kindly he answered me these new basses "were made within the year as far as he know".
    I'm not able to understand what "the year" means.
  15. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    I don't really care how he got them (as long as it is legal)... it is G&L, it is new, it looks great, and it was cheap... and that is the bottom line
  16. RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    I got it this morning!!! I played it all day, minus a 2 hr trip to the gym :)
  17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Cool! Congratulations, Psobecke - you got a heck of a deal on a great bass!

18. In my country G&L are not so common, but four days ago I found 6 new basses just delivered in my favourite shop [and more than a double number of guitars, sigh!].

I tried out an awesome silver metal flake Asat.

Hard not to use my credit card :).
  19. I got my L-2500 last week. Total with shipping was $850! It is a sunburst finish, swamp ash top, maple fingerboard, HSC included and the guys at Bass NW were great to work with. I will definitely work with them again. This bass is the culmination of everything I have been looking for. It' like taking the best of my old stingray and my old Precision and joining them, adding active electronics, and at a bargain price! G&L rules!
  20. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    heh, let me tell you why this cannot be,

between 81-91 all their G&L basses looked somewhat different from todays production ones.
    be it the headstock with out the bump, the 3 bolt plate instead of the flush 6 bolt of today or be it the rear route instead of a chrome control plate on the front (like Stingray).

if there were really basses from the 80's in their stock than you would see they were different from the new ones.

also how come only current production models are sold on BNW? G&L had lotsa more models in the 80's-early 90's (Lynx, El-Toro, passive L-2000s, L-1000, the Climax etc.).

the answer for that is that G&L has all sorts of numbers on their neckplates and these are all put in one box and get picked up randomly. the real number and date of production is written in the neck pocket.

another possible reason- G&L holds in stocks some 10 years old body blanks, that means the wood might be from '81-'91 but it didn't leave the factory until some '99-'2000.

btw, I recall Bass Northwest ordered a large stock of G&Ls and MTDs about two years ago.
    it was specially ordered by them and they specified the colours for the L Customs that they recived (like stock G&Ls but with binding, custom paint jobs such as blue sunburst on flame maple top and matching headstocks).