My new toys!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by niomosy, May 12, 2005.

1. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Got the amp a few days before getting the cab. What a great setup: EA iAmp 800 and Bergantino HT322. The E just rumbles in a great way :D

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow......very nice setup. I am going to be receiving an iAMP soon myself. Would you be able to post a short review of how it sounds when you get a chance?

3. Nice! Must sound great with your Imperial! ;)
  4. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Like you wouldn't believe.

As for a quick review...

I've been going through lots of amps and cabs trying to figure out what would work with my bass, the Fodera that Hou mentioned ;) It's bright. Very bright. It's been work trying to find a good combination.

Anyway, the sound. It's great. The iAmp really handles my bass very well. I've got Contour I and II both pressed (an odd combo but it works well) as well as the Tone button pressed. Eq's almost flat with maybe +2 or 3 Low, -2 or 3 Mid-High and +2 or 3 High. Great slap sound, nice popping without the annoying clank as I can sometimes get into a song and pop a bit hard. Great fingerstyle as well. I've got some versatility here.

The HT322 is just fantastic. I'd compared it to a Mesa 4x10, GK 4x10 Neo, Aggie GS-212 and GS-410 and Schroeder 1212 and 21012 (the same config as the HT322). The HT322 won me over. I liked some of the others but the Berg had me locked within a few notes. My Fodera's strung EADGC so I don't have the low B to play with but the E just rumbles and gets you in your gut. I had the vol/gain both up to 5, went out of the room into the middle of the house, strummed the E and listened to pictures on the wall rattle :D Not too bad at all ;)

The only downside to the cab is that it's 95 friggin pounds and I'm not sure it'll fit in my car (I was on vacation when I got it so it came home in the rental). I took some measurements and it should fit but we'll see how that works in reality ;) My wife's car should at least hold it :cool:
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Thanks for the review. Simple, short, and to the point. Good job.

My iAMP is going to be paired up with an Epifani 112. I am very excited for the amp to get here.

6. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
  7. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Very nice, i've been getting interested in Berg's again, and have sent off for some quotes.. Looks like a suburb rig :)

It's interesting to see that the 322 gets more lows (or lower freq range) than the 425 and an even (or lower?) range than the 215. The only downside i've seen when comparing this cab to the sealed cabs is that at 95lbs and only on normal casters, looks to be a bit hard to get around.

Although... I am pushing around a Mesa 1516..
  8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    So that would be to handle the lows of an Upright ? You Aussies play to figgin loud! ;)

only kidding, the typo just struck me as funny when I read it. I write this at my own peril though. I've let more than a few of those go myself!

That is a sweet looking rig! I'm getting ready to go out to the car and unload my 95 lb Music Man and rack after last night's fun. So, congrats on your new cab and welcome to Mr Hand truck! I'm beginning to wonder if 8 1x10's would sound like an SVT!

I'm not at all suprised by the bass extension of that cab. My 2x12 goes significantly deeper than my 1x15's do (even in multiples).
  9. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    The casters in the Berg aren't too bad. They're at least not the super-tiny wheels. I'll probably end up with a hand truck of some kind, though. I still get to try to shove the thing into the car, though :rollno:

At least I'm not in a band at the moment. Gives me the chance to strengthen up a bit before lugging the thing all over the place :p Oh and it gets to sit upstairs when at home :help:
  10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

FWIW my HT310 still blows me away, even below low E. :) I'm sure the HT322 can get even phatter. Congrats on the sweet rig!