1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new *upgraded* Squier Classic Vibe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jakelly, May 16, 2011.

1. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I've had this bass a few weeks and I couldn't resist changing some parts. It has been improved some in tone and reliability, but now I realize it was quite good enough the way it was off the rack, except for the Tele-style jack.:p That cream-colored piece at the end of the pickup is a homemade thumbrest, made out of a cut down Strat pickup cover.

I really like the bass, the way it was and the way it is now. Squier is making some cool stuff.

-Electrosocket jack housing and Switchcraft jack
    -Full-size CTS pots
    -Seymour Duncan SCPB-1
    -USA vintage bridge and dome knobs
    -Copper shielded cavities

DSC01423.

DSC01424.

2. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

It's a beauty! The C-Vs are amazing.

3. jakelly

Nov 8, 2009
    Hey thanks Gio.

Happy to report the bass weighs in at only about 8.5 lbs.

4. LiamR

LiamR

Aug 15, 2010
    That is a thing of beauty.

5. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Your thumbrest is great.

6. Did you have any trouble fitting that bridge? I read somewere that the hole pattern is not the same??

7. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow, I actually like that color a lot more than the blue. I have liked the all of'em I picked up at the store, but didn't care for blue......
    They should offer these in more colors like red, black, or vintage white....

8. jakelly

Nov 8, 2009
    Yes, the pattern is not the same. On the Squier bridge, the five screw holes are spaced slightly wider, around 1/8 inch wider from outside hole to outside hole. The original holes need to be plugged (except for the center hole of course, it stays in the exact same place), then new holes carefully drilled. The new bridge covers all the work, so it looks good on there. Also, the vintage style Fender bridge is way lighter.