My new (used) Fodera

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I just got this bass today. It's an Emperor Elite with mahogany body, spalt maple top, and single coil pups. I've gotten to where I prefer the true single coil tone and came upon this bass owned by a hell of a nice guy in Nebraska. It's a great bass that I looked forward to owning for many years.
  2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    well, i thought i'd be the first to say "that's a real purdy bass." , but i was wrong. but it's still really nice.
  3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Cool. How does it compary to your other Fodera?
  4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks for the comments. Bryan, so far it seems to have a bit throatier growl to it and leans toward the Jazz bass type tone but with a lot more balance between the strings and notes. It's not at all compressed as neck-through's can be and it seems to have a lot of punch. I have a gig tomorrow and will have a better opinion of it then. Right now I'm really loving this bass and it is better suited to what I'm doing now then the other. The other one kills but this one kills and ressurrects ;)
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thats one of the nicest Fodera's Ive seen.
  6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks like we're both very happy. You just got yourself a beautiful Fodera and I just got your old Roscoe 6..... :D

Congrats on the Fodera. That's my next purchase.
  7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ooh, thats a nice looking bass. any chance of getting some soundclips? the only fodera ive played with singles was a fretless.

btw, are you still building? if so hows that coming? will i be playing a reed anytime soon :D
  8. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    That's great that you ended up with it. Do you have it yet and if so what do you think?
  9. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Hey, Joe. I will try to get soundclips but lately when I've used my computer for such things it just freezes up. I am still building and it's going quite well. I doubt I ever make a serious go at this sort of thing though. There's just too many great builders out there not to mention all the really good foreign basses that sell for cheap and sound great.
  10. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI that spalt. Man that's pretty!!
  11. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
  12. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    Looks great!!!

What brand of pickups are those?
  13. that's a stunning Fodera...

14. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I do have it. Great bass. Absolutely beautiful. I put some new strings on it and lowered them and it plays and sounds great. I really don't like the Bart pre so I bypassed it. I'm just waiting to get some funds and I'm gonna put the bass into an outboard Pensa preamp. I think that the bass sounds great as is and just needs a little bass boost. Also, I like the Bart pickups but I'm thinking of having Seymour Duncan make me some dual coils for it. I guess that changes a lot of the bass but for me the changes will get me closer to what I think the bass can do sound wise. It has a naturally big, warm sound and I want to enhance that with more clarity from the pickups. Out of the three Roscoe that I've had, this one is definately my favorite.
  15. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks again for the nice comments everyone.

Cliff, the pups are Seymour Duncan. They are tru single coils and sound great.

That's great to hear that you like the bass. I was really fond of it. Definitely the best Roscoe I've owned. The guys at the Roscoe shop put some extra love into it for me and I felt real guilty selling it. In fact, so guilty that I have yet to tell them. I can't bring myself to.
  16. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Nice! Congrats, Peter. :cool:
  17. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    great looking bass!

18. Now that is a sweet-looking Fodera! Congrats Peter.