Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new(used) MIM Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lakerkobe, Jul 3, 2002.

1. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    270 with a hardshell case.... so I had to do it. Not American... but oh well. 1998 MIM Jazz. Pretty generic... but I wanted one.

2. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    What color is that? Next thing to do is to replace the black knobs with chrome ones :D

3. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    It is black. Pretty boring. Where can I get new knobs and how much are they?

4. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    local music store, I got a package of 2 for 20 bux :/, kinda expensive, but worth it, you might find some on ebay.

They're like replacement knobs for a telecaster, I think, but they work for jazz.

I'd show ya a picture of mine, but I have no clue how to get it on the net (RR won't let me link pictures to other sites, it's retarded)

5. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    get em off www.carvin.com all of the chrome knobs like that are the same (i think) but i am pretty sure. I think that the knobs are fairly cheap in price, i think around 6 bucks for three, but you can check it out for yourself.

=w=slicks=w=

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's a good price considering a new one cost $384 & a case would run an extra 100. Good score.

7. the original jazz knobs arent chrome, they're black polastic with one white line.

8. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Good call!!!! I just bought a new MIM Jazz Fretless - OK couple of months ago now - and it was £379 ($530) and the hardshell case was another £69 ($100).Fender is expensive over here!