1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my new (used) musicman rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DigableGrooves, Oct 27, 2006.

1. (guitar)

last night i picked up a musicman HD130 head. 130w/65w (two power settings) with all new electro harmonix tubes, reverb, and tremolo (speed/intensity). and along with it came a 212RH cabinet. used of course, for only 350 US

The two together make a totally fat sound. The head is extremely versatile and I haven't been able to find any complaints about it. The biggest problem though is the sheer size of the rig, stacked, its between the height of a bass and a guitar (report that to the US department of weights and measures), and the cab is about 30" by 30" i would guess. and its pretty thick two. but for the tone i dont mind.

I havent put a bass through it, because its my new guitar rig, but it looks really sweet with my '79 Sabre (also musicman) and of course even better when the sabre is sporting my musicman embossed leather strap.

2. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I used a HD130 head a few times, totally monstrous at the time. Went through two MM prototype 210 cabs, big beef sound!

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    glad to hear you got a new rig. PICS?????

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021