Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new (used) rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by josh_m, Jun 11, 2004.

1. josh_m

josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    I just got a used Hartke 3500 ($300) and a used Traynor*(?) 2x15", the cab is loaded with JBL 2226H speakers. Sounds great, is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I will be looking for a smaller cab soon also that I can use for medium gigs and I will be covered in all playing situations.

* The cab has an SVT style look, but there are no labels on it, the stickers on the jack plate have been pulled off and there are music notes and the numbers 5160 which looks like an address. I can take a picture of it if anyone thinks they can help me identify it.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Cool rig!!! Congrats!

Can you post a picture of the jack plate and the back of the cabinet?

3. josh_m

josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    Full back and jack plate.

4. The speakers alone are around $300 each.

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The jackplate looks homemade... My gut reaction is that the cabinet is a post-Tuck and Roll Kustom. But I may be way, way off...

Did you get the whole rig for $300?

6. josh_m

josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    The whole rig was about $450 including tax ($125 + $299.99 + 6% sales tax), the cab was being sold as a YT-15, I checked and Traynor was making the YT-15 in this style in the late 70s. The cab is old, but in good shape and rattle free. In any case it sounds great, I'm not very brand obsessed (my main bass is the Sam Ash house brand) I just go by what I like the sound of. I'll look up some Kustom cabs and see if this matches any. I know a lot of companies, especially of the era, where making SVT look-a-likes so finding out what this really is won't be too easy.