Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Walter Woods Blue Light Ultra!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jacochops, May 7, 2004.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Well, I finally got one...got a smoking deal on one that looks like it was never played, and was owned by Joey L. at Fodera. What an amp!! Now I know what all the hype is about!! Besides the stoopidly small size and light weight, the tone is UNREAL!! Like nothing else out there on the market by a long shot, IMO. It sounds so incredibly clean, and every note responds so evenly! I'm done with the whole tube pre thing. I did a gig with it this morning, and I was grinning from ear-to-ear all through the gig! It's running through a Berg 1X12 with my singlecut Nordstrand.....I'm in freakin' tone nirvana! :hyper:
    The drummer (who BTW, is a guy with 40+ years of playing experience all over So Cal, commented on how great I sounded with that setup, and he's a picky SOB!!
    Long live Walter Woods (especially since he's the only guy on the planet who can repair 'em! ;) )!!!

2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    You've got an awesome amp that will serve you for many years!! :bassist:

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Congrats! Mine is my favorite amp these days. Seems foolish to take anything else to the gig! :cool:

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Matt

Congrats MAN!!

WW makes some killer amps, I'm glad you finally got one..... now you will have to start collecting the older ones as a hobby :D

So let see a pic........... I know, we know what it looks like, but heck, give us visuals!

5. Just curious,
    How does a Walter Woods amp compare to a Phil Jones amp of similiar power etc.?
    Anyone ever compared the two? :meh:

6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Congrats!!!

Maybe someday I can check one out.

7. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    1TallBassGuy,
    I can't compare the sound of the two, and I know PJ has a fantastic rep for both his amps and cabs, BUT......
    the Woods weigs 7 lbs, is literally the size of a small cigar box, and carries 1200 watts!!! It's the Tardess of bass amps (pardon the Dr Who reference!)
    I just bought a like-new SWR Henry Jr (4X8) to add on with my Berg 1X12....now running 1200 juicy watts, and just bought quake insurance in case my WW cracks my slab foundation!

8. Thanks :D

9. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Can anyone please PM me Walters #?

cheers,
    ~S~

10. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
  11. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    @ Scott D & Lenny,

Thanks again!

~S~

12. Congradulations! I can never forsee myself doing without mine. I have other equipment that is great, but I specifically got my WWU because to the size and reputation. It is an incredible piece of gear.