My new Warr Guitar!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Although it's called a Warr Guitar, it's really more like a bass. It has a 34" scale and is tuned B E A D G C F Bb like a 6-string bass with 2 extra strings. It has Bartolini pickups and Piezo's in the bridge. The Piezo's have a really cool tone that sounds great blended with the Bart's.

The body is Zebrawood and the neck is Wenge with a Pau Amarillo laminates and a Wenge fretboard.

This thing sounds incredible!

It's meant to be played by tapping the strings down onto the fretboard. It really has a great sound to it. I've been tapping on my bass for a while and it's really a lot easier on this instrument.

I want to thank coyoteboy for setting me up after about 5 months of on and off discussion.

close up of the front:

close up of the back:

For more info about Warr Guitars, check out their web page at

- Dave
  2. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

now go find Trey Gunn and challenge him to a showdown...

(i think you might have the best bass pages on the web for info BTW . thanks.)
  3. Dude! Trey Gunn stylin'!

Now go play "Hard Winds" for an hour and a half.
  4. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

are you me?:confused:
  5. Thanks! Already have ...

He kicked my ass. :D

For more pics, check out my new site at:

- Dave
  6. Hehe.

One of the great things about hanging out with musicians is that you're bound to find at least one other Crimhead.
  7. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    its left handed too, atleast the body is, i think...i donno! i'm confused....nevermind...its not, the controls are just on the top.
  8. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Heh - that makes three. . . :)

Nice looking Warr there, Dave! congratulations. ohhh, now I've got 8-string Warr GAS too. . .
  9. There's a Stick in one of the local music stores. When I get up the courage, I think I'll go there and try it out.

That might be a while :oops:
  10. Hi, I'm just curious about that bass of yours. It looks like there's a strap button sticking out the left side of the bass. Either the button or the controls are in an very strange place.
  11. The strap button is on the left side because the instrument is meant to hang nearly vertically, for better right hand access when tapping.
  12. Actually, that's a righty instrument. It is meant to be played like this (Randy Strom in this pic):

The knobs are on the top to make them easier to reach. They do get in the way when I try to play sitting down though. Similarly, the strap buttons are placed to balance the instrument in a more upright position.

Here is how not to play it (Brian Kenney Fresno of ):

- Dave