My New Warwick Corvette $$ 4 NB!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vast Piles, Jan 4, 2006.

1. I woke up this morning to find that my bass had arrived... 3.5 weeks early. I opened the box and when I took it out I was fücking pissed! I ordered a fretless version of the $$ 4 but they sent me one with frets (The people from the website where I ordered it, not Warwick)!

As soon as I started playing around with it, I fell in love. It was such an awesome bass that I decided to keep it.

It can produce the exact sound that I need in my rock/punk band. It feels great to hold it in your hands. The body is so small compared to my Ibanez SR 500. The only thing that's a little bit odd is the neck. It's quite... sqaure... or so. This is unusual for me but it's pretty comfortable once you get used to it.

I'm loving it. Anyone else here have one?

My new Warwick in my casket (Crappy pic quality) :

2. dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Wow! Beautiful!
    (I'm taking about the casket case, of course... Warwicks don't do much for me...) :p
  3. ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    be careful with the input's a bit of a design fault. recently had to get a new connection for mine as it started totally cutting out all the time!

nice bass though, is that black or just really dark stain? or is it just the lighting?
  4. Oooh, nice. I want a Warwick one day. :(
  5. It's black. It just looks like a dark stain because of the lighting. It was dark outside :(. I haven't experienced any problems with the input jack... yet. Thanks for the heads up though.

Yes, the casket is pretty spiffy indeed. Only cost a hundred bux.

I had to save up for like half a year to afford this beuty (no job, still in school, 15). I can deffinately say that it payed off.

Does anybody know where to get the Warwick-Strap-Lock-System-Majiggy-Thingy? The strap pins are so narrow that my strap just came right off while I was jamming :(.
  6. nice bass man, but watch the language.
  7. ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    they should come with it, they would if you got it direct from warwick. perhaps because you got the casket case the company between you and warwick forgot to put in the straplocks.

i'm sure you could get them off ebay, these are warwick ones...
  8. Well, I didn't order it with the casket. The casket allready arrived here two weeks ago. They did send the bass in a gig bag though, which was pretty pimp :D .
  9. ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    yeah, the gig bags are pretty decent for a free one! my straplocks were just in one of the pockets of the bag, maybe they're in there! you got a trussrod tool and wax for the body, right?
  10. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    Warwick = Awesome
  11. Check the gig bag that it came with. I got a new Corvette standard a few weeks ago and the strap locks were in the top pocket on the front outside of the case. Theres two zips there and mine were in the inside one.
  12. I got a trussrod in this white box but no wax. Warwick says in their manual that you shouldn't wax bodies with colored oil finishes.

I just checked again, I did get the strap lock thing with it :).

THANKS! :D
  13. i never knew that you got FREE straplocks with warwicks