Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Warwick fretless Thumb 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassosaurus, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Bassosaurus

Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    From Bass Central earlier this week. I was able to compare several (fretted) BO vs. NT and like the NTs better, but they were awful heavy (especially the 5 string). Expensive too! This bass is noticably heavier than the BO5 I tried at GC, but still not as heavy as the NTs. I've also never seen nicer wood on a BO!

Ebony board has some subtle wavey grain that dosn't show in the pics.

The flash really brought out the quillting. It's more subtle in person and changes pretty radically from different angles and lighting - very cool.

This thing's got a monster sound - similar at times to both Zon and Wal fretless - crazy mwah.

I've never seen lower action on a factory setup. I had to raise it a bit actually, cause the strings'd slap the pups occasionally. Also to improve the tone a bit, which it did. The adjustment couldn't have been easier! Props to Warwick on the adjust-a-nut II and bridge design.

2. Bassosaurus

Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Here's one more...

3. sweet thumb five string. ive always wanted one but im too dirt poor to afford one

4. My action won't get low at all on my thumb. Grr. I think the neck is out of whack. Beautiful bass by the way. I love the tone on mine, im sure that fretless sounds awesome, even with the pre bypassed.

5. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    OMG! That baby is SWEET! Damnit, all these people gettin thumb basses around here is makin me jealous. Got some serious GAS bubblin...

6. That's some sweet wood. I've never seen a newer thumb have grain like that.
    Congrats!

7. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Nice thumb 5 fretless! the tone must be unbelievable.

Congrats. :)

Try and get some soundclips up! ;) :D

8. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    WoW!

Awesome bass!

:D

Joe.