My new Warwick Streamer LX5!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hofbrauhaus, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    Well the good old UPS guy delivered my new Warwick Streamer LX5 the other day! It's a sweet bass and I feel it compliments my SR5 very nicely. Very different tones out of both beasts. Although I think I've done the unthinkable....strung the Warwick with TI-flats...and I must say it gives me a nice warm thick tone with major thump...almost like a p-bass in some situations but with more attitude. Picked it up from the guys at Bass Central who gave me a great deal (as usual)...and I even lucked out and got one with decent flame on the body! Let me know what you think ;)
  2. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Sexy poster! The bass is nice too! throw up some clips man, I would like to hear it in action.
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Not what I would string it with, but whatever gives you the sound you like. :bassist:

Awesome bass though. I wouldn't mind owning an emerald green four string Streamer.
  4. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Sweet Bass.

Your gonna love it.

I use TI Flats on my bolt-on Streamer and it Rocks!
  5. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Damn, LX5's are amazing basses, I know you'll enjoy that one! Too expensive and heavy for me unfortunately...
  6. Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    Thanks guys...yeah I know some of you wouldn't string a Warwick with TI-flats but basically I find it to be a good substitute to a pbass sound until I actually scrape up the cash and get myself an old fender p. It's definitely a great bass though, although I may switch the pickups out for basslines. As for the weighs less than my SR5 so when I picked it up it was like sex to my back....if that makes any sense :p Thanks for the compliments!
  7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    FLATS??? Well, ok if it sounds good to you, then... Anyway, enjoy!

Yep, it sure looks like a nice flame! :cool: