my new warwick thumb 5 b/o

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DerekP, Nov 3, 2005.

1. DerekP

Jul 24, 2005
    Toronto, On
    all i have to say is wow, why the hell didnt i buy this bass years ago? by far one of the best basses ive ever played, yes it does neck dive and yes it is heavy, but thats the price u pay for the tone.....the feel of the neck is amazing.... tight and fast and the bass is amazing looking, i couldnt be more happy about it. i will post pics when im not at work.

other basses that i really liked were , the string ray 5, the warwick double buck and a really nice american fender , but the thumb just felt right.
  2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Cool. I have always liked the sound of Thumb Basses, but I just can't get used to the tiny body on them.

BUT, no pics=no bass. ;)
  3. I'm still waiting on my Warwick FNA Jazzman fretless 5'ver! Should be here by Monday or Tuesday! Watch for pics! Need to see pics of yours!!! I'm getting to be a "Warwick Fanatic"! :eek:
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    You should be very happy with that one. I used to own a Streamer Jazzman 5. It was a kickass bass, sounded great, but I just didn't play it enough to justify keeping it. I will own another Warwick some day (way down the road, probably), but this time I am going for an SSII. ;)
  5. I'm sure I will be! I'm upgrading from a Fortress 1 4-string fretless to this. I miss my low "B". (I have a Fender Jazz 5'er fretted.) The Warwick "bug" bit me with the Fortress, and then I got to play a FNA Fretless in GC, owned by one of the reps, and was sold! I'm having it set up like his; nice and low. I've already bought a Levy strap for it. (Tried it out on a Corvette FNA Fretted that they had there and it "hangs" great!) I'll be posting pics next week, I hope!!!! :hyper:
  6. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    Congrats on the thumb, but like ryan said.. no pics no bass! we want to see it.
  7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Great buy man, the Thumb has always been one of my favourite basses, those things are awesome! I love everything about them, from the body shape to the tone! They balance great, I have found, if you wear them up high.

But still, drop us a few pics so we can check it out! :bassist:
  8. DerekP

Jul 24, 2005
    Toronto, On
    yeah i find that the higher u wear it, the better it balances, how do u post pics? ill do it as soon as i get home.
  9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man

Yes, the body is bowled on the back to fit around your ribcage...if you wear it high (like say, Lessard does) it balances well.

And if you host an image on the web you can use image tags to pit it here...
  10. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I still don't understand why people say they're heavy? Is this some kind of on-going joke? My Fender Jazzes are heavier than my Thumb.
  11. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005

Welcome to the Wick Club
  12. RE:PEAT

Jun 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Standard 5 or wide neck?
  13. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005

Yeah, the B's kill on these!

Still diggin' my Thumb fretless 5 BO like crazy. Only drag, haven't had much time to play 'er.