Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Yamaha TRB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the great one, Apr 4, 2002.

1. the great one

the great one

Jan 25, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    :) I picked up my new bass, yamaha trb 5 string, for $754 at guitar center. I still can't believe it. Wow, I'm freaking excited. It's gonna take me a while, though, that thing is pretty heavy. Just had to let you know... :D

2. Congratulations! I'm happy for ya!

3. that's awesome!

I too am awaiting a TRB5II pretty soon!...

they are awesome basses!

4. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    Yep, they are about the best production basses make. Right on par with Conklin and Rickenbacker.

5. Don't forget Musicman too. ;)
    Great one, congrats on your new bass. I'm also a big fan of Yamaha. It's hard to beat them in any price range.

Good luck with it.
    Mike J.

6. yup...mines great...congrats...good deal too :D

7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Im thinking about getting a Yamaha. Any pics and/or links to pics? ;) :D

8. the great one

the great one

Jan 25, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Kirbywrx, check out www.yamaha.com. They will have links to what you want to look into - be it motorcycles or musical instruments.

9. Good for you, man! I love Yamaha, especially the TRBs (I play RBX). If I was rich, I'd probaly get that John Patitucci model, but I'm not so I'll just sit here and be jealous.:D

10. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Hey Micheal Jewels: "Queens,N.Y.,near Kennedy Airport"- that wouldn't be Rosedale,would it? I lived there for 8 years,is all.

11. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
    yeah! Yamaha is one of the great bass! I got one also. So anyone know any old series Yamaha TRB6 even 2-hand available?! I want to get one